• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1614 nothing prints

yonu

ok I have made great progress on my 1614 repairs but am not sure if it is the printhead or if I am just missing something.

when it runs a cleaning cycle I can see all colors go through the pump station tubes but when I do a nozzle check or any test prints nothing is deposited on the media.
What should I check next? I have done 2 12hr printhead soaks with fluid from a mutoh cleaning cartridge to get to this point

Ssignature

The head fuse is a nano fuse located on the upper right corner of the main board behind the big black finned heat sinks. It is rated at 750ma. You have to pry it out of the socket to test it, but it sounds like the culprit. Depending on the model of printer, it is either F2 or F3.

netsol

There are a coupke versions of the board
there will be minor differences depending onnthe age of the machine
if the hoard is not exactly where ssignature said, ( orcexactly the same style of fuse)you are still on the right track

there will be 40 vdc going through the fuse powering the transistors

Ssignature

All VJs with the exception of the 1604 had replaceable nano fuses. The 1604 used pico fuses soldered to the board. Please see Mutoh Tech bulletin below. With the 1624, the fuses were labeled differently but the locations were mostly the same. See illustration attached. When purchasing replacement fuses, they come mounted in their sockets and must be removed before installation. See photo of actual fuse between my fingers

Attachments

• TIB 2008-020_VJ Head Fuses obsolete.pdf
    83.6 KB · Views: 8
  • VJ-1624 Main Board Fuses b.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
  • Pico Fuse.jpg
    Pico Fuse.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 9

benski

i have same problem. mine was printing good until I replaced single damper. Now it will not lay down ink. Station is pulling ink. I replaced head cables and fuses no luck. Then I replaced new head, with new fuses again and it keeps blowing my F3 fuse on main board. 750 ma. Should I focus on CR board on main board? What else can I check ? :notworthy: