• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1614 stops between jobs

Wrapdup

If we send multiple jobs to the printer it will print the first just fine, then screen says warming up and will sit there like that forever. Not intermittent, does this every time.

randya

You may want to export all your profiles and reset your "Preferences" to default.

Sounds like a miscommunication from the RIP.
How are you connected from the computer to the printer?

Wrapdup

directly connected to the printer with a cat 5 cable.

could it be that something is wrong with the heating end of it?

It says warming up on the screen, so we hit menu>start print. then it will start, but if you go in to the heating options, the actuall temp shows that is about 6-7 degrees lower than the target temp. but to the touch heaters seem like they are working just fine.

randya

Yes, it could be a heater or thermocouple issue.
But I would expect that on every print, not just the 'second'.

If you are connected directly, you should be using a cross over cable.

Wrapdup

Well, guess i didnt explain that well. It does do it everytime. The problem only arises when we want to print and leave it alone for a bit and it will then stop. so... yes, it does it everytime. where are the thermocouples located. i work in a major manufacturing research and development center and have every thermocouple known to man available.

and i thought cross over cables were only used when connecting computer to computer. i build my own cables. which wires are switched to where to make the crossover cable?

thanks for your time randya, i appreciate it.

Graphics2u

Yes, it could be a heater or thermocouple issue.
But I would expect that on every print, not just the 'second'.

+1 on the thought that it should do the same thing on the first print also if it were a heater issue, not to say that it still couldn't be.

After you try Randy's suggestions, Just for grins and giggles try sending multiple prints with the heaters turn off completely and see what happens.

BTW I've been to Dysart before, nice little town.

Graphics2u

Well, guess i didnt explain that well. It does do it everytime. The problem only arises when we want to print and leave it alone for a bit and it will then stop. so... yes, it does it everytime. where are the thermocouples located. i work in a major manufacturing research and development center and have every thermocouple known to man available.

and i thought cross over cables were only used when connecting computer to computer. i build my own cables. which wires are switched to where to make the crossover cable?

thanks for your time randya, i appreciate it.
I think they are built into the heating elements, but not positive. Randy will tell you. Are you under warranty?

Wrapdup

good thought on the trying with heaters off. never thought of that.

well, even if they are built in i would like an idea on where the thermocouples are? i dont have a service manual and would be nice to get to them to try an ohms test to see if it is them, or something else.

what brought you to the big city of dysart?

Graphics2u

I must have been told wrong at one point then, because I thought the new network cards were "auto sensing" or something and the crossover was not needed any longer?

Mine runs over my network and switch so it doesn't matter, but I'd like to know for sure.

randya

I must have been told wrong at one point then, because I thought the new network cards were "auto sensing" or something and the crossover was not needed any longer?

Mine runs over my network and switch so it doesn't matter, but I'd like to know for sure.

The newer cards should be auto sensing.
The printer is not, so it does depend on the network card/router.