• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1624 roller marks HELP

RyanFelty

Okay so we just got this printer maybe about a month ago and it was going really well until the last 3 weeks. We have been having trouble with the rollers making marks in the media. We only put the rollers down one click like you are supposed and we have tried: Turning the heat down, putting the rollers fully down, different medias (even the ones supplied by GRS), The media is tight and centered...I'm all out of ideas here has anyone else had this problem???

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
If I run 30" media the rollers that are where the left side of the carriage stops to reverse on the left side of the media get ink on them. If I don't clean the rollers in this area they will leave tracks on wider media. The track lasts for maybe a foot or so until the ink wears off the rollers.

laserman70

We have never had a problem with our 1624 have had it for almost a year now.
We run this thing like mad...
never had to clean the rollers..
Never heard of this issue before...
hopefully someone else can help, love to know what is causing it..

RyanFelty

cleaned the rollers and that seemed to help alot but now its back at it again... Do you have to clean the rollers often??

jhanson

Make sure that the mist fans are turned off. These are the fans on the sides of the head carriage designed to blow debris and ink mist away from the print head.

If you're printing a lot, especially with the head in the high position, those fans will literally spray-paint the inside of the printer with ink, particularly the rollers.

You can disable them either by going to Menu > Setup > Head Fan > OFF, or removing the carriage cover and unplugging the fans.

RyanFelty

So we have been working with Graphics Resource Systems and someone else is having the same problem and they think it is a problem with the rollers coming from the factory. They are sending new rollers for us to put on and try tomorrow so we will see?? Thanks for all the suggestions on here though i did try them!