• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1638 Banding on mostly black - dark gray

racershawn

Hi all... I have been having a banding isue since day one on darkk gray or black since I first got my 1638.... it has been very frustrating and have got no good advice from signwarehouse where i got it or from Mutoh at any trade shows... the banding is about 1/2 wide... the lighter the gray the less noticeable it is .... lots of different profiles with varying results but no firm answer .... thought someone on here has seen this with this equipment... thanks!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4765.jpg
    IMG_4765.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 185

JasonMeisnerSTS

What inks are you using in that Mutoh? Looks like starvation. maybe the Pigment load in the ink is too high causing starvation in the dampers. please provide as much information as possible as we are Mutoh dealers as well ink manufacturers.

brycesteiner

Hi all... I have been having a banding isue since day one on darkk gray or black since I first got my 1638.... it has been very frustrating and have got no good advice from signwarehouse where i got it or from Mutoh at any trade shows... the banding is about 1/2 wide... the lighter the gray the less noticeable it is .... lots of different profiles with varying results but no firm answer .... thought someone on here has seen this with this equipment... thanks!!!

I don't think this is the same thing as I have/had, but I'll mention it anyway. If we have the temperature set too high for the printing and the post area, it will band. Depending on the material some don't have it and others gets kind of bad.

Does your's change with a head cleaning -- worse or better?

JasonMeisnerSTS

Also, have you done a head alignment or feed adjust? I am speaking with one of my Mutoh certified techs who is trying to get all fo the variables from you to see if we can help.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member

Guaranteed that your print heads are not in alignment. It is easy to test, go into Menu > Setup > Single Head. Test the same file in both head 1 and head 2. If you don't have the banding in either of these two options but you do when it is printing with both heads than the alignment is out.

The head alignments on the Dual Head units are critical. The two heads have to be aligned within 1/4 of a dot and even that might cause issues. It takes about 2 to 3 hours to align one of these printers properly.