• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

16Pt Paper For SP540

biggieg

Anyone know of a supplier of paper that an ecosolvent printer can print on? This customer is wanting 78 full color prints on 16pt paper 3' x 3'.

jfiscus

Rap Master
We use a material called postermax & buy it from Sign Supply USA, give them a call & they will send you a sample. It does tend to scratch easily & take a bit longer to dry but we & the customers really like the finished products' looks.

Our contact is Aisha in Cleveland @ 800-545-7818, tell her In-Service sent you there.

oops, not sure if it's 16pt or not... not sure how to tell, but it is heavy duty stuff; perfect for posters.

Attachments

• Ladder & Fox 002.jpg
    Ladder & Fox 002.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 149
  • Ladder & Fox 003.jpg
    Ladder & Fox 003.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 144

Letterbox Mike

I don't know of a 16pt poster paper, that's pretty heavy. We use Sihl's 3686 which is close to 10pt (or so I'm told), and it's the heaviest I've seen.

jfiscus

Rap Master
just looked up specs on postermax & it looks like it's 8.5 mil, so only half as thick as you need; never seen stuff that thick on a roll around here.

Steve Werner

10 pt is considered 220 gram paper, I believe 16 pt would be around 300 grams plus, very heavy stuff. Most people just using 220 gram for posters and such.

RN

Try Sihl DuraSOL. Medium (3608) is 13 mil and Heavy (3508) is 18 mil.
That might work for you. I have not tried it yet, but it is in the sample book.