• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

18' x 8' large graphic hanging from high ceiling

fine point

Hi.

A client wants us to make 18 x 8 ft printed dibond hanging from a high ceiling.

I told them it's not going to be a good look since you have to put 5 sheets of dibond together with some kind of frame strong enough to hold the weight. Then hang it from the high ceiling? It means you can see it from 360, all the hardware and frames and stuff.

I would rather do some kind of banner but we don't do banner and don't know first thing about it.

The client is a high-end retail in Manhattan NYC. It needs to look nice.

Any suggestions???

Thanks!

FP

xxaxx

I would push for fabric ... You could get a standard tradeshow style aluminum frame backwall, double-sided pillowcased graphic and hang it with a few cables. Most vendors could set it up for you ready to hang, no modifications needed. It would be super lightweight and can't get much cleaner. At that size the graphic would be seamless and no framework or anything would be showing.

SNeas

If they'll allow you to use a material thick enough - you might be able to use biscuits like we do on all oversized signs like this one.

Attachments

• Produce Sign.jpg
    Produce Sign.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 243

ddarlak

Go Bills!
1" tube frame, stuff is super cheap at Garston, $16 for 21' length.

Print, precut tube to make a 18 x 8 frame, put frame together onsite, VHB the panels on. This job would haul in way more than a banner and you gave the client what they wanted....

no brainer

fine point

If they'll allow you to use a material thick enough - you might be able to use biscuits like we do on all oversized signs like this one.
Sorry but could you explain what the biscuits are?

Maybe I have seen them but did't now what it is....