• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions 18mm Retractable snap off cutter

unclebun

The problem with cheap cutters is you can't be very precise because they don't hold the blade rigidly enough, and sometimes their blades aren't sharp enough. I started in the business with a boss who would only buy the cheapest ones at the hardware store checkout counter. And he kept using them even after the plastic cracked. Then I bought a stainless steel Olfa and converted him. If you have a problem with employees losing them, dock them the price of a new knife from their next paycheck. That worked for me.

ikarasu

How many emoyees do you have?

Get them an Olfa. Carve their name into it... Each person is responsible for their own knife.

I buy cheap $1-2 cutters for when I'm cutting down prints beyond their crop marks. I carry it in my pocket... I have like 15 of the same brand that no one else uses. I'm bouncing around the shop a lot so they are everywhere... I collect them when I see them and group them up.

Anything accurate I use an Olfa. Anything intriquite I use a vivid small one.

You can keep throwing your money at it... Or you can make your employees be responsible.

Hand them out instead of put them In stock. If an employee needs one... They come to you. Then ask why they need it, where their last one went. If it breaks that's one thing.... If they lose them that's another. We did the same thing with mechanic gloves... Went from using a box of 120 pairs a month to every 6 months.