• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1989 Super Sprint

Perks

Would someone have any set up info for the !989 Super Sprint Plotter? Have recently acquired the console and plotter, there is no original monitor but there is a computer tower with Gerber Advantage 6.21 ( no Diskettes though ). Do not have power cords and the GTP244-1 and GTP 293-1 vibrated out of their slots. Just bought a reconditioned drum too through Plotter Dr.

Any Help would be appreciated- not in a hurry!

Perks

GoodPeopleFlags

No help for you but I sure do remember that machine! It was the one I was trained on and it was new then! Things sure have changed. I love technology!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
i can see putting around for hobby sake, but your not planning on using this are you?

All he needs to do is to setup his LMK connection and device in his GA software and he's good to go with a 20" per second tangential plotter with tractor feed. It may lack some of the advances in software since the Graphix Advantage days but he can still bang out lots of work and never worry about his plotter not tracking correctly.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
All he needs to do is to setup his LMK connection and device in his GA software and he's good to go with a 20" per second tangential plotter with tractor feed. It may lack some of the advances in software since the Graphix Advantage days but he can still bang out lots of work and never worry about his plotter not tracking correctly.

i'm all for making old stuff useful, i run solvent thru fj's and cj's and make a ton doing it. the thought of using graphix advantage makes my skin crawl.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Jon Aston

Wow. Gerber SuperSprints. I can still remember the first one I ever saw.

I was working for "Graphique ND Quebec Ltee". We were getting ready for an open house, and had just received the first SuperSprints shipped to Canada. I think we had already pre-sold five of them.

A bunch of us were standing around talking while the SuperSprint came out of the box, and was getting assembled. When they fired it up, everybody's jaw hit the ground. There was dead silence. If memory serves me well think it was 4x faster than the Gerber Sprint, which was twice as fast as the IVB.

"Incroyable!"

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Wow. Gerber SuperSprints. I can still remember the first one I ever saw.

I was working for "Graphique ND Quebec Ltee". We were getting ready for an open house, and had just received the first SuperSprints shipped to Canada. I think we had already pre-sold five of them.

A bunch of us were standing around talking while the SuperSprint came out of the box, and was getting assembled. When they fired it up, everybody's jaw hit the ground. There was dead silence. If memory serves me well think it was 4x faster than the Gerber Sprint, which was twice as fast as the IVB.

"Incroyable!"

We started with Signmaker IIIs, upgraded to IVB, then Sprints, then SuperSprints. The Sprints were the best upgrades because we finally had a monitor and multi-line capability. The speed of the SuperSprint was highly overrated. With it our workflow changed from weed, mask and trim out while the next color was cutting to stand and wait for cutting to complete and start something else cutting. Weed, mask and trim later. We actually saw a small loss in productivity with SuperSprints.

Perks

It is a relic of sorts. There is a LMK, but come to think of it the plotter must have a cable to the console. I have not actually made connections until the procedure is clear to me. There is a Letter Machine Installation booklet, and it mentions GTP 244-1 but not the GTP 292-1. could that be for connectingthe plotter ?

Thanks for the help.

Perks

Perks

One Step at a time. This thing is really in need of maintenance alcohol wipe and 3 and 1.It still needs power cords, then see if it even works

Tel

Mingling with our new cutters we have two super sprints, neither now have monitors, as both are equipped with LMK and run off computers, we also still have a GS15 plus. I love them there is nothing like a tangental cutter, fascinating just to watch, as someone said great for blast masking. Also for the moto cross jobs using convex 8mil clear as they cut it no problem.
regards
Tel

Perks

Replaced recondition drum over weekend and got a surprise when a lmk module was loose inside out of its slot, it must have been in the PGM?

Perks

GA 6.21 Software /Device Problem

Made LMK connection from plotter console to computer tower (windows 2000)
If Composer does not open and Setup is prompting for updated serial no. before I can plot, what are my options now?

Also removed Sprint program module from PGM slot which fired up the Red online light on the consoles keyboard.

I hope the two cards belong in the no. two and three slots and not one and two slots respectively.

Any thoughts?

Perks:wavingflag: