• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1am wakeup call...

MikePro

Racine's finest on the phone, catching two guys trying to load 500lbs of scrap steel from our yard into the back of their truck.
They're excuse to the police? "We work for the guy"
...luckily that's not a good enough excuse for a police officer at 1am, when their truck clearly has more rust than windows!

cheers to the 3rd shift Racine P.D.! :toasting:
cameras and alarm systems help, but sometimes you just get lucky and catch em' red-handed! :)

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
"Scrappers" are getting pretty bad around here too. I left a 6" piece of conduit outside... gone the next morning. I'm not sure if it was even worth the gas for the moment their engine was idling.

-Gene

MikePro

I'm assuming they arrested the morons?

yup! on the spot!

kicker is, that this 5' length of 12" square steel tube is too small to use on anything large and too large to use on anything small. we would have gladly let them take it for FREE if they came to us during normal business hours, as we do with most of our steel that's not worth our time to scrap ourselves.

ucmj22

Racine's finest on the phone, catching two guys trying to load 500lbs of scrap steel from our yard into the back of their truck.
They're excuse to the police? "We work for the guy"
...luckily that's not a good enough excuse for a police officer at 1am, when their truck clearly has more rust than windows!

cheers to the 3rd shift Racine P.D.! :toasting:
cameras and alarm systems help, but sometimes you just get lucky and catch em' red-handed! :)

so were they actually employees?

Craig Sjoquist

Well glad they got caught, hope they are prosecuted, and punished.

They took my scrap when I was at breakfast, I went to the scrap yard identified the scrap while waiting for the police, in come the thieves with more of my scrap AND my scaffold equipment also plus other items I was about to use.

After realizing it was mine they took off, later the police stopped them off to jail they went, I just hope they get prosecuted last time someone stole a van I had and caught they didn't.

My faith is low oh this of prosecution, besides having re-buy everything, waiting to see what happens again.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Glad they got caught.

As for you Craig, I think you need a big dog at your place. Also, why do you speak like Yoda ??:guido:

Maxphobia

yeah I just redid my entire AC in my house have lots of old copper pipe and sheet metal in my garage some guys drove by just starring at it....so I plan on taking it to the scrap yard asap

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
We had the copper from the meter panels to the ground spikes stolen early this year leaving the entire building ungrounded. :banghead: It was literally a piece of bare stranded copper cable about 3 feet long. Replaced it and armored it in conduit this time.

Good to hear the cops nabbed em'.

Mosh

I smear grease all over our stuff. I had one dipsh^t fall off our pivot trying to steal the copper wires. grease all over him when his pal dumped him litterally at the emergency room entrance.

d fleming

Last time the alarm went off I beat the police here. You should have seen the look on the deputy's face when I told him it wasn't safe to go in yet. One dog was still inside searching and the other was in the lock yard in case someone was in back! He ended up getting one of our pups when we had them. Love my Dobes!

Last time the alarm went off I beat the police here. You should have seen the look on the deputy's face when I told him it wasn't safe to go in yet. One dog was still inside searching and the other was in the lock yard in case someone was in back! He ended up getting one of our pups when we had them. Love my Dobes!

awww!!! I hate to say it, but from your picture it looked like a min-pin... still a good dog... just a touch on the small side ;)

d fleming

He's not huge, about 60 lbs, his girlfriend and son are about 80, two daughters about 60 and 70 respectively. Between them I have black with red/rust/tan, blue and red covered. Here are a couple.

Attachments

• ginger.jpg
    ginger.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Stan.jpg
    Stan.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 57