• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1st Tailgate What Do You Think

Tagdog

I hope I attach the picture right.
The first four prints went in the trash. I still have a few wrinkles on the one in the picture, but they not real bad. I printed it on some Arlon wrap material and laminated with oragaurd cast 290. I printed with a Summa DC4. There was a litttle print fading in the logo area. The Arlon materials surface was not as smooth as the Summa DC 4 would like. Does any one know of a good wrap vinyl with egress chanels and a smooth surface. Anyway I think it looks okay and I'll get it better on the next try.
Signs Up
www.signs-up.com
First Tailgate.jpg

Tagdog

Graphic & Die

It's Hill County Graphic & Die, you cannot see the "&" very well.
We screen print and die cut. We mostly print on polystyrene. I am about to start a web site and pursue security sign business. I can print and cut plastic to shape. We just started the sign & banner business because people kept calling us and asking if we could make them a sign. Our name is Signs Up, but we did not do that kind of signage. We are now, so I am learning as much as possible.
Signs Up

vinylbarry

Kraig if your talking about the one line of text he's trying to miss the wildlife lol but it does make it look off.

Tagdog

Your Right

Yes the Wording is off Center. I was trying to miss the Longhorn.
If I re-do it I'l adjust it, drop the Longhorn a littlr lower and move the text over.
Signs Up

OADesign

It's Hill County Graphic & Die, you cannot see the "&" very well....

whoo thanx for the clarification...

I hate to be a naysayer but.
I think its a bit busy. and the last line of text is askew. Either the entire panel is tilted or you stretched the heck outta the thing during the install.

JC

It passes the 50/50 but the design could be spread out a bit more.

I would of ditched one of the two Hill Country logos and left one at bottom right corner but smaller. Then put the tag line across the top which would give you some more room in the middle area for the smaller text.

:design:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It looks very nice and the off-centered copy doesn't bother me..... but overall.... it's W-A-Y too much copy for so little space. It gets to the point where the copy blends into the background at the bottom.

OldPaint

looks awfull.....busy, to much for the space you got. background has nothing to do with your business.... nothing is STANDOUT, look like a business card....badly worded and placement..........try learning to make SIGNS....who you are, WHAT YOU DO, and HOW TO GET YOU....

Flame

try learning to make SIGNS

Where's my sinister snicker smiley when I need it??? :thumb:

To Signs Up, sorry, too crowded, wording gets lost, the line of text off to the side is plain silly looking, and the double logo idea is rarely a good one.

Cool background picture... but what does it do for your business? How does it pertain to what you do? Is there a meaning behind it?

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but I don't think it's very effective marketing. Might get a few calls, but it could be worlds better. Just keep playing with it and I'm sure you'll get it eventually. Please just take my words as "a grain of salt" for the future. :thumb:

Tagdog

Thanks

I agree with all. Actually we have completely re-done our Logo and it looks ten times better. I'll re-do the Tailgate next week. Put only one logo on it and clean it up. I have not decided about the photo. Our employees really like it. We are new and excited about our expansion into local sign making. We just got our first job and we managed to grossly under price it. But we'll get it figured out.
:thankyou:

GARY CULY

Sign -up I See You Shifted Text Right To Miss Animal ..but It Wouldnt Be So Noticable If All The Text Below That First Line Was Just Shifted ,,,looks Like You Used Some Center Text Button In Your Program And It Built It All In One Shot ,,,,bust Em Loose And Just Shift The Text Below The First Line [the One Beside The Animal] Anything Thats Close To A "center Focal" As The License Plate As Is On A Pick-up Back ,has To Be Very Close To Centered ,,its A Optical Dilusion Deal You Know? Eyeball Sees It Off Centered Pretty Quick....pretty Nice In My Opinion For The First Print Though I Think