• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1st Wrap Design...Print...& Install

TheSellOut

So I've installed one pre-printed wrap before but this is my first design, print, and apply. Application went smooth and I learned a lot on the design aspect as far as setting up panels, the amount of time it takes, and problematic areas...such as you see here where the hood meets the front fenders. My "star" logos got cut off and/or didn't line up. I am very happy with the overall outcome as there are no seams on the main body panels...just one on the thin section that goes up over the doors! This is a rally car that I sponsored so it made for a great learning experience! It had to be done in a matter of a day and a half so I wasn't able to wrap the front bumper or get any decent pictures as it was completed at about 4am this morning. I will post better pics after it comes back from the rally this weekend as long as it doesn't get wrecked!

I appreciate any ideas of where you would be on cost for something like this as I am figuring 2500/3000 (with bumpers completed) if I were charging for a vehicle wrap/design on a car this size.

TIA for critiques and suggestions!

Attachments

• Dekar.jpg
    Dekar.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 124

TheSellOut

It was a matte laminate, which when I bought my Roland in December I received a bunch of vinyl and lamination as part of a promotion. The only roll of premium wrapping laminate available in 54" was the matte. I was unsure about it at first but really liked it after applied.

So "lack-luster" in design or because of the matte?

TIA

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Well I think it doesnt really do your company justice as far as an advertising vehicle. Wraps should get the clients attention and your wrap gets attention but I dont see any message its representing thats all.

SignManiac

I think your logo repetition is overdone and would have looked better if it had been a barely visible faded version in the background so you would see your company name better. Not sure if that made any sense but I know what I meant :)

Joe Diaz

I agree/disagree with some of the things that have just been said, but the subaqueous qualities of the spatial relationships brings within the realm of discourse the distinctive formal juxtapositions.

fmg

Excuse my ignorance but what er those things on the hood and roof of the Veeeeeheeeekal?

SignManiac

I'm afraid Joe nailed it right on the head. That was my exact same feeling when I first looked at it. Even though your apparent intent was to implicate your company in a matter that would seem ubiquitous, you missed a golden opportunity to impart subliminally your message via a mode of transport that would deem itself nearly invisible to the average onlooker. I would have tried a negative approach first.

TheSellOut

Well I think it doesnt really do your company justice as far as an advertising vehicle. Wraps should get the clients attention and your wrap gets attention but I dont see any message its representing thats all.

The main message on this vehicle, which is a Rally race car, is American. The Rally team was only one out of four American drivers in this event and he really wanted his car to scream "America"

I think your logo repetition is overdone and would have looked better if it had been a barely visible faded version in the background so you would see your company name better. Not sure if that made any sense but I know what I meant :)

It makes sense Maniac and I agree that the "H" logo is over done and after it was all said and done I would have liked to see about a third less of them. They were intended to be the stars of the american flag so I think you would have lost that concept if they were faded and not white.

I agree/disagree with some of the things that have just been said, but the subaqueous qualities of the spatial relationships brings within the realm of discourse the distinctive formal juxtapositions.

My vocabulary is not that extensive Joe! Any possibility of getting that in Layman's terms, I always value your opinions!

Excuse my ignorance but what er those things on the hood and roof of the Veeeeeheeeekal?

Stars & Stripes! The "stars" on the hood are a one color version of my logo.

Just as a side note: on a Rally car they install a lightpod on the hood of the car for races that lead into the night and that really limits the amount of viewable space. I was tring to keep my main advertisement in an area where you would still see it with the lightpod attached.

signgal

It had to be done in a matter of a day and a half so I wasn't able to wrap the front bumper

Does that include design?! I think you got the American point across well and I think it was a very respectable first attempt. The back half of the care looks great really. Like the guys, I would have liked to see you company represented better but you have the right attitude. A great learning experience. It will only get better from here! BTW I don't think you're missing too much on that car with the bumper "undone".

signgal

Now, see... I'm all impressed now LOL I give you a lot of credit and know you will take the criticism and become a wrap force to be reckoned with!

JR's

My vocabulary is not that extensive Joe! Any possibility of getting that in Layman's terms, I always value your opinions!

Me to Joe. ;-}

looks good and I agree with them.

JR

JR's

(Let us take a look at the psychic processes occurring when information is created and transmitted among people (see Figure 1). Information is defined as a factor diminishing the level of ignorance of a given environment or phenomenon. It is constituted by a set of sensations created as a result of a reaction to the stimuli coming from the environment. On the basis of this set, the environment comes to be understood better by the individual experiencing these sensations. Since this set of sensations is created and processed in mind, it can be assumed that information is a psychic (mental) substance organized in a certain way. The very set of sensations is often called mental image.)

I am still lost.

bigben

I've got one question for you. How much time the install took you? How many people where involved in the install? I will do my first wrap on my personal car very soon, and I want to know how much time it will take for a beginner like me. I know a ''regular'' installer will take around 4-5 hours.