• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2,300 rivets and a cortizone shot later...

formanek

I have a working relationship with this company in my town. So far I have done 18 trailers over the last year. I do them alone. These pictures are from the corrugated units I am doing now. THEY SUCK! Period. Only one more to go of these and then 7 "normal" trailers afterwards. That will total 28. Sounds as though we will enter another agreement after this one. They have 70 trailers total. I can only work on them on the weekends because I use their shop and it is when they are not working. Thanks to Signs 101 I have learned a ton in my 16 months owning Pro Skinz and Design and it shows by the contracts I am getting over my competition. :U Rock:
Maybe I should hire an installer, but I am so damn picky that I can't stand anyone else doing them. The company let's me complete them every other weekend or so.

I will try to get a better picture when they pull it outside.

Attachments

• 01_rivets.jpg
    01_rivets.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 03_side.jpg
    03_side.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 112
  • bad_reflections.jpg
    bad_reflections.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 173

wedosigns

Looks Great! You must have use quite a bit extra material going in and out that many times, besides doing 2 inches at a time to prevent tenting!
Great work.:Canada 2:

formanek

I've never worked a trailer with the corrugations. So what is the process?

Use great material. :)

I hang the material vertically. I rub the material onto each rib all the way to the bottom to get the alignment correct with my hand. Then it is a lot of Rollepro, heat, and arm muscles. I work horizontally with each rib starting in the middle of the panel and working out each direction. Every trailer seam is cut from top to bottom to allow movement. Any rivet hat seems loose due to the age of the trailer I poke a hole at the bottom of the rivet to allow moisture to weep. These trailers are ALL refrigerated units so they do sweat from the inside of the walls out. I can't controlling the sweating but I do control where it releases from.

I have been using the new Avery EZ for ALL of them and have had no issues with them after thousands of miles of wear and tear including harsh winters in MN and the trailers get wash every night when they get back.

And honestly after doing this many and all the punishment on my shoulders through concrete pouring, snowmobiles, golf and motorcycles my left rotator cuff is going to need surgery, but the cortisone shot is holding up so far. :thumb:

Thanks for the props!

ProWraps

man what a PITA. but i hate to say it, the install is wrong.

the artwork should have been adjusted for the corrogations and the materials should have been wrapped into them.

bridging the tops and heating in... bad bad bad. expect lots of warranty work. i dont envy you.

correct or incorrect those are a nightmare and a ton of work. i would charge double a flat side or more for each one.

formanek

man what a PITA. but i hate to say it, the install is wrong.

the artwork should have been adjusted for the corrogations and the materials should have been wrapped into them.

bridging the tops and heating in... bad bad bad. expect lots of warranty work. i dont envy you.

correct or incorrect those are a nightmare and a ton of work. i would charge double a flat side or more for each one.

"I have been using the new Avery EZ for ALL of them and have had no issues with them after thousands of miles of wear and tear including harsh winters in MN and the trailers get wash every night when they get back.":thumb: NO issues in two winters on any of them so I guess to each his own. Thanks though. I would love to see someone use a squeegee on these as the corrugations are 1" apart and 1/2" deep with a rivet every 2'. It has worked for me and have had no failures.

wedosigns

If he layed it in and did not tent and heat, then perfect install. Just takes loads more material! If text and images are large enough no problem, which his layout is fine. He is doing rolling billboards and they look great!!!:Canada 2:

ProWraps

"I have been using the new Avery EZ for ALL of them and have had no issues with them after thousands of miles of wear and tear including harsh winters in MN and the trailers get wash every night when they get back.":thumb: NO issues in two winters on any of them so I guess to each his own. Thanks though. I would love to see someone use a squeegee on these as the corrugations are 1" apart and 1/2" deep with a rivet every 2'. It has worked for me and have had no failures.

no worries. if it last 3 more years, then mission accomplished.

1" apart 1/2" deep is no problem with a squeege. just takes time to do it right. thats why i said charge accordingly.

just for future reference if you are set on doing them this way, a VCat would do you way better than a rollepro.

formanek

no worries. if it last 3 more years, then mission accomplished.

1" apart 1/2" deep is no problem with a squeege. just takes time to do it right. thats why i said charge accordingly.

just for future reference if you are set on doing them this way, a VCat would do you way better than a rollepro.

Thanks for the hints. I have a contract with them for 10 trailers. Magically 3 of these showed up. So, since I have a great relationship with the company and CEO I will be talking to him about these trailers Monday. Either way it is a real pain in the rear end to say the least. :banghead:

ProWraps

oh god yes. again i dont envy you. those are the WORST. too bad they were an 8-2 skip coro. what you got are the worst of the worst. get a vcat if you can. they are expensive, but it will seriously save you a ton of time if you are doing them with a rolly. i hate how 3m wont sell the wheel (you will know what i mean when you buy one and use it to its lifespan). but for $130 the time it will save you will easily pay off.

formanek

oh god yes. again i dont envy you. those are the WORST. too bad they were an 8-2 skip coro. what you got are the worst of the worst. get a vcat if you can. they are expensive, but it will seriously save you a ton of time if you are doing them with a rolly. i hate how 3m wont sell the wheel (you will know what i mean when you buy one and use it to its lifespan). but for $130 the time it will save you will easily pay off.

Thanks. My shoulders are killing me.

ProWraps

dude. you. have. no. idea. rivet brush WILL guarantee carpel tunnel. i can only look at your pics and feel your pain. give me a call some time. ill PM my number. i think going forward i can give you some advice (not that you need it, but if it helps then awesome).