• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2 color Beveled Text help in X3?

tryplecrown

I saw a design the other day here in one of the logo design sections that had a 2 color beveled text. The font used was white and had a one color grey shadow on one side that looked great and could be done whith white and grey vinyl. I know CorelDraw has a Bevel toolbar, but the results are complex and not something you could cut. I know letterheadfonts.com has a few fonts like the one below that has an alternate that you can overlay for this effect but I was wondering if anyone had any tips on applying this effect to any typeface? Letterhead fonts also has a "How to" on this, but it seems to be pretty involved and looks like there's a bit of a learning curve. I was wondering if there were any plug-ins or shortcuts to do this, or if you just have to take the long road.

Here's a picture of what I'm trying to do.
step6xr7.gif

Shovelhead

The bevel tool in CorelDraw is raster...but I have used it as a template only
in wireframe to manually draw the prismatic "bevel".