• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2-color cut vinyl on one premask for customer install?

tiredcreations

Kind of a newb question but I've never had to do this. I need to ship some cut vinyl to a customer who has no installation experience.
It will be black text with a blue logo (nothing layered). What is the best way to have this ready for them to install in one piece?
The graphics are only 13"h x 18"w overall.

kheebl

If you use Flexi you can either use the auto registration mark in production manager, or do like I did in the picture put your own registration marks wherever you want to.
attachment.php

Attachments

• reg marks.jpg
    reg marks.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 115

Jillbeans

I'd send them both pieces masked with reg. marks and a sample bottle of Rapid Tac.
My experience with pre-stacking two colors for later install is a lot of air bubbles.
Love....Jill

If you have a light table (or a piece of glass, acrylic, or polycarb to rig one up) applying a two color graphic to one layer of application tape isn't hard to do at all. Especially since you're not actually stacking any vinyl, it should be smooth sailing.

kheebl

Another thing I was going to mention when doing multi color decals with registration marks it is a lot easier with clear transfer tape.

Bill Modzel

I just cut a couple of 1/2" squares with each color. Thank on the second installed color, cut them right through the premask and backing leaving a 1/2" hole to line up exactly with the installed ones. THan just peel them off wend finished.