• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

#2 grommets - all the same?

B Snyder

One of my suppliers offers #2 3/8" grommets from 3 or 4 different manufacturers.
Are these grommets all shaped the same and usable with any grommet press that has #2 dies?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
One of my suppliers offers #2 3/8" grommets from 3 or 4 different manufacturers.
Are these grommets all shaped the same and usable with any grommet press that has #2 dies?

Pretty much, it's supposed to be a standard independent of manufacturer. I always buy whatever might be on sale from whomever has the best deal of the moment and have never had a problem.

Todd M Castle

Only thing that might be different will be the color and grade of material. I used to hate when you get copper ones off the truck to finish one you had half way done with silver. So I guess to sum up as long as they are the same color should not be a big deal.

juan45215

I just had this problem. I bought my grommet machine brand new on ebay. They sent #2 grommets, but none of the #2 grommets from Fellers fit. I had to go back to the people I bought the machine from.

I pray that they never go out of business.

Pro Image

Some of them are made a little different to use in the snap lock grommet presses..........A standard #2 will not lock into my press............Ask me how I know............lol

njsigns

I was thinking of ordering this machine off of ebay. I'm hoping it isn't the one you're speaking of... Should I steer clear and just spend the extra $100 on a Stimpson?

Gene

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I was thinking of ordering this machine off of ebay. I'm hoping it isn't the one you're speaking of... Should I steer clear and just spend the extra $100 on a Stimpson?

Gene

That model gives every appearance of a Chinese knock-off of a Fastsnap. Beware that some of these may have the dies mounted upside down so that the reeve is on the top and the grommet is on the bottom. It will work that way but you can't see what in hell you're doing if you're using self-piercing grommets, which any sane person uses.

Get a real machine, not an E-Bay pretend model of dubious ancestry.