• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2 logo ideas. Need help with direction

trimitbyrich

We are moving our shop this month and would like a whole new look and attitude with the move including a new logo. Just need help to decide which direction. Old school vs new school!

Attachments

• image-1141163631.jpg
    image-1141163631.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 121

Joe Diaz

We are moving our shop this month and would like a whole new look and attitude with the move including a new logo. Just need help to decide which direction. Old school vs new school!

I think new-school works better with newer technology. If you were providing hand painted services instead of wraps, old-school would be the way to go.

Marlene

is there a third option? top one is more for hand painted/classic signs. bottom one might have been new school in the 1980's but not so much today. you need something more current looking

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I think ya need a few more options, cause neither of those did anything.

Direction would be head back to the drawing table and think of some newer stuff.

So, outta curiosity, what's your present logo look like ?? :smile:

Marlene

well, do have to say not a bod idea to upgrade your logo fro what you had. the paint brush has been done to death. are you more of a wrap shop or signs shop? what kind of signs do you make? classic, carved or lighted/LED type? try to find something that fits your image. if you are middle of the road meaning a mix of classic and screaming skulls/diamond plate wraps, maybe something simple that fits for both

trimitbyrich

We do a lot of wraps for businesses. Very few skulls and diamond plate. Our business is 50% signs 50% wraps. Mostly digitally printed signs. We also do custom auto graphics and the like. Just looking for a new direction.

Marlene

try a few things that have a more modern feel to them. go to bing.com and just look at logos to get an idea of what works for other companies, not just sign shop logos, but logos in general. see what gives you a visual image of the type of business you are. you know your business better than anyone does, does either of the layouts you posted really convey to the public what you want them to?

here's a page off from a bing search for "logos"/images. the Safeguard logo ends it's name with a bolder font version to convey strength. "always" looks girly but covergirl, which is also for women, went with a less girly image and has a stronger corporate look to it. Zest, Gain Cascade, Scope, Swifter, Downy, Secret and a couple of others all slant upward like they are taking you from a need to a solution when you use their products. they all convey a visual message.

Attachments

• LogosOfCruelty.jpg
    LogosOfCruelty.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 90

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Is your name 'Trim It' or Wraps and Signs ??

I don't think the name Wraps and Signs is very catchy. It sounds like a deli that also sells signs in the back. I knew a locksmith who made more on doing sign-work then he did working at his first trade of locks and stuff. He's now gone, but his daughter now runs the stand. It's at a little farmer's market not far from where I live. Just a thought as to why the name sounds odd. :wink:

Jillbeans

Neither.
If you have to choose one, I guess the bottom...but the N is just cheesy and the spacing is weird.

A lot of people still do not know what a wrap is, they think it is a lunch menu item.