• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2 of the same Roland printers print different results??

jason91

I have a Roland xc-540 and recently purchased a 2nd one. Both have a perfect test print ...no dropouts...both using versaworks with the same ink, vinyl, file, and profile, print different results? I'm at a loss as why they are different? any ideas

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Even two brand new printers one serial number apart will have slightly different results. Calibrating the printers to print with similar results requires custom profiling.

cornholio

With Versaworks 6, there would be a function addressing this problem with a quite cheap densitometer from Roland.Versaworks 6 doesn't support the XC...
With Versaworks 5.5 you can try to visually adjust the density printouts to look the same, by clipping the "stronger" printer. If you have access to a measurment device, use it of course.
But before tweaking your densities, make sure to have fresh ink and shake it every 4 weeks in order to keep the pigments from sedimenting.