• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Opinion 2 posts and panel sign install rates?

customquint

I am currently checking my rates on a few things and would love to get an average of what everyone charges to install a 2 post sign with a panel.

The holes dug for install and concrete fill.

We work with a landscapers who we subcontract some of these installs to and they are telling me we are not charging enough and need to charge more. We currently install for $250 within a perimeter around our shop and when we use the contractor pay them $200.

Thanks for your input

CanuckSigns

It's going to depend on a lot of variables, around here the ground is mostly rock and clay, so it sometimes takes 2-3 hours to dig 2 holes 4 feet deep.

I'm surprised you can get a landscape company to do it for $200, they wouldn't even show up to the site for that around here.

We would be around $400 on average.

customquint

Most of ours around here take 1 to 2 hours to dig and set. We only have to go 30in here

Last edited:

OhioSigns

Most of ours around here take 1 to 2 hours to dig and set. We only have to go 30in here
Quint
You do some awesome work! You are killing yourself though only charging $250.... I'm normally around $450+ depending on where it's located. In a typical install I have to make one trip to the site to survey and mark for OUPS and spend time on the phone calling it in. Then on the day of install have to hook the trailer to the truck, load the sign and posts, load the skidloader and auger, gather up the necessary tools and pick up the concrete from the local hardware / lumber yard. Drive to the site, 2 hours to unload everything, auger, set/level, assemble the sign, fill, load everything back up, drive back to the shop and unload / clean. That 2 hours on the site in reality takes 4+ hours out of that day for 2 guys (8 man hours). I figure (2HRS @ $175/HR for 2 men + skidloader / auger + ~$40 Trip Charge (Based on Mileage) + ~$40 Fee For OUPS Marking (Based on Mileage) + ~$50 Materials) = $480 Anything less than $450 I might as well not have the overhead of the skidloader / auger / insurance / maintenance and just sub it out and make my hourly shop rate without having to leave the shop. $250 on every install won't cover the one time a customers yard is messed up and have to pay a landscaper to come in and fix their yard cause of tire track ruts, ect. I always play it on the safe side when it comes to pricing and might be higher than some but I haven't had any down time either so it's not hurting me either.....

customquint

Quint
You do some awesome work! You are killing yourself though only charging $250.... I'm normally around $450+ depending on where it's located. In a typical install I have to make one trip to the site to survey and mark for OUPS and spend time on the phone calling it in. Then on the day of install have to hook the trailer to the truck, load the sign and posts, load the skidloader and auger, gather up the necessary tools and pick up the concrete from the local hardware / lumber yard. Drive to the site, 2 hours to unload everything, auger, set/level, assemble the sign, fill, load everything back up, drive back to the shop and unload / clean. That 2 hours on the site in reality takes 4+ hours out of that day for 2 guys (8 man hours). I figure (2HRS @ $175/HR for 2 men + skidloader / auger + ~$40 Trip Charge (Based on Mileage) + ~$40 Fee For OUPS Marking (Based on Mileage) + ~$50 Materials) = $480 Anything less than $450 I might as well not have the overhead of the skidloader / auger / insurance / maintenance and just sub it out and make my hourly shop rate without having to leave the shop. $250 on every install won't cover the one time a customers yard is messed up and have to pay a landscaper to come in and fix their yard cause of tire track ruts, ect. I always play it on the safe side when it comes to pricing and might be higher than some but I haven't had any down time either so it's not hurting me either.....
Thanks for the input, nice to hear from someone so close to hear what they charge. I do feel sharing pricing with others makes our industry stronger as a whole, because I really don't want to be the cheep guy or know that I'm 50% less than the other guy. I will probably make adjustments.

ams

Every State, City, Town, etc has different pricing. NYC is going to charge more than Hicksville USA.

customquint

Every State, City, Town, etc has different pricing. NYC is going to charge more than Hicksville USA.
Yep, I know that, just trying to get a feel for an average. And there is actually a Hicksville about an hour and a half away from here, lol

ams

Standard post and panel with concrete is 1.5 hours of labor, so we charge $120.00 if it's within 12 miles of our shop. Outside of that, it's 95 cents per mile. Our auger digs the hole in about 2 - 3 minutes on average.
Not including the posts, sign, etc. Also we don't use concrete, we use liquid foam.

customquint

Standard post and panel with concrete is 1.5 hours of labor, so we charge $120.00 if it's within 12 miles of our shop. Outside of that, it's 95 cents per mile. Our auger digs the hole in about 2 - 3 minutes on average.
Not including the posts, sign, etc. Also we don't use concrete, we use liquid foam.
Can I ask where the magical number of 12 miles came from? Just curious.

ams

Can I ask where the magical number of 12 miles came from? Just curious.

Basically 12 miles in any direction from our shop is just outside of town. So it covers areas we can quickly get to, Once you hit 12 miles, it goes into the wilderness for awhile.

Circleville Signs

$300-400, depending on distance. Also depends on if I have to screw around with calling OUPS. That being said, I own a 1 man auger, so it's pretty straightforward.