• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2-sided banner

I need to print 6 double sided 3x6 banners. The HP25500 can not print double sided. I have tried but I ruined material and print heads so I'm done.

My question is what is the best way to stick 2 single sided banners together. If I tape them together then fold edges and grommet will that work? Should I run some tape through the middle to help it stick?

Mikeifg

I've tried spray adhesive and grommets. was really heavy but had to in a pinch for a weekend show for a customer. It was hung in doors. Only problem it wanted to wrinkle when folded but came back out if layed flat. Don't know if I would do it again but it did work.

rubo

Does it have to be banner material? I do double sided printing all the time - on rigid materials - dibond, PVC, acrylic, aluminum, wood veneer - PM me if interested - or anybody else, for that matter. Cheers!

Locals Find!

Does it have to be banner material? I do double sided printing all the time - on rigid materials - dibond, PVC, acrylic, aluminum, wood veneer - PM me if interested - or anybody else, for that matter. Cheers!

Nice Offer but, You really should leave make those offers to Merchant Members or become one yourself Mate.

dypinc

I need to print 6 double sided 3x6 banners. The HP25500 can not print double sided. I have tried but I ruined material and print heads so I'm done.

My question is what is the best way to stick 2 single sided banners together. If I tape them together then fold edges and grommet will that work? Should I run some tape through the middle to help it stick?

The L25500 can do two sided banner just fine.

What material and settings are you using?

My favorite two sided material is Bantex 18oz. Others are more problematic but you don't need as high a cure setting on the first side and also figure out on which side the edge curls up and print that side first.

Last edited:

2B

we have good success with Arlon 15oz block-out, prints fine and no head strikes

xanderortiz

I love how NO ONE answered his question.

Regardless if there are better methods to print double-sided banners, sometimes there are points where you have 2 good banners with bad opposite sides. When you've tried printing 10 double-sided banners that have failed, the most cost-effective thing to do is glue 2 of them together. That is the position I am faced with right now. I searched for the solution, and none of you guys cared to answer his question which was how to best glue 2 banners together. Sure, learning how to PROPERLY print and create double-sided banners is great, but for cost-sake during the trial learning time, we need to know how to glue some together. FAIL. Great forum here.

J Hill Designs

I love how NO ONE answered his question.

Regardless if there are better methods to print double-sided banners, sometimes there are points where you have 2 good banners with bad opposite sides. When you've tried printing 10 double-sided banners that have failed, the most cost-effective thing to do is glue 2 of them together. That is the position I am faced with right now. I searched for the solution, and none of you guys cared to answer his question which was how to best glue 2 banners together. Sure, learning how to PROPERLY print and create double-sided banners is great, but for cost-sake during the trial learning time, we need to know how to glue some together. FAIL. Great forum here.

Welcome to signs101 bro-ham :thumb:

J Hill Designs

I see 2 answers:

I've tried spray adhesive and grommets. was really heavy but had to in a pinch for a weekend show for a customer. It was hung in doors. Only problem it wanted to wrinkle when folded but came back out if layed flat. Don't know if I would do it again but it did work.

The L25500 can do two sided banner just fine.

What material and settings are you using?

My favorite two sided material is Bantex 18oz. Others are more problematic but you don't need as high a cure setting on the first side and also figure out on which side the edge curls up and print that side first.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member

Who are you getting your substrates from? Maybe I can compete.

Slamboni

fellers

Fellers sews them together. They don't do double sided either in any other way. Maybe you could try spray adhesive and then run them through a laminator roller? Or just put two banners up together in the same place and hang them grommet to grommet. I'm so mad at everyone, no one answers right, wahhh.

sar bossier

High bond double stick 1" tape - make SURE they are both EXACTLY the same size. I have done them with 13 oz banner material, I hem both banners, then tape them together, and grommet. The hems allow for less translucency by keeping the prints from being too close together. We have a large one in full sun, and no bleed through.

axis

Print it on your usual ps vinyl and apply to the back side. Works best with double sided material.