• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rant 2-sided printing

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Sometimes, I HATE 2-sided printing. i'm having the worst time getting these to match up. It's always off 1/4", no matter how I adjust it. I've done this thousands of times, and have had great success. I don't know what the problem is today. ARRGGGG. I've got 30 sheets to print, and I can't even get one good sheet. Already burnt two. using a test scrap now, and ugh, no matter what I do to correct it, I cant win.

I don't expect anyone to be able to help me, I just need to cry for a minute. Thanks for reading.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
no can do. We've already done a smaller run of these, now doing a much larger run. These need to be consistent with what we've been doing.

Stacey K

I like making signs
131459-a2231810546263c5bd84f2409262a918.jpg

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
Depending on material and margins; I normally print just a little tick mark at center point, print that with the artwork on the first side then when you flip over to print the next sign you can print a file with just that tick mark or same file again (depends on margins and if art will start printing with it). Then you can either shine a light through the material to make sure it lines up, or even just make a small cut to make sure it lines up. Then you can either adjust your material or art in the RIP accordingly.

Never ran an HP like the one you stated before, but maybe this might spark some inspiration for ya.