• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2 way valve for mutoh vj1604

bsm

Wondering if anyone knows where I can buy the 2 way valves as singles rather than a whole assembly? only need one for the cyan (please see attached photo).
I have another thread going at the moment that this is related to but was hoping that someone might know where I can get it.
Cheers, Brad.

Attachments

• 2 way valves.jpg
    2 way valves.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 181

henryp

Looks like the problem you are having is mainly due to a loose connector on the 2-way valve. I often see this problem and I just dis-assemble the connector and bend the contacts for a tighter fit.

bsm

could i bother you to let me know how you get to it? i have managed to jiggle it and get it apart with really long nose pliers but cant get to the end of the connector thats closest to the inside of the machine?

henryp

You only need to work on the female connector, I believe that is on the side of the 2-way valve. Gently push on the lock tab of the female connector using a pointed object through the slot of its plastic housing (I use the tip of a scalpel or a cutter blade). Once the lock tab is no longer sticking out , you can slide out the female connector and bend (spread) it so when you slide it back in, it will press harder on the male pin. Push the locking tab to its original shape (sticking out) before sliding the female connector back into its plastic housing.

bsm

turned out to be a sticky valve, It is fine when I am running it constantly, if not then I just give the back of the valve a few taps with a screwdriver handle to loosen it up. Will no doubt need to replace the valve but for now it working.