• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

20/20 Ink Problems

I have switched to the 20/20 inks to save some money on our machine ink.

Since then, I have had no problems with the INK it self but the CARTS are the problem

Not sure if some idiot put 220 chips on the 440s, but grimco said MY personal machine was the problem, and that it could only use 220 ink cartridges and they are working on the problem.

You think they would have figured the kinks before making massive amounts of inks...

Anyone else been told this who are using this ink? I love the ink, but if it's causing so many problems with the chips, it will not be worth using them any more.

gnemmas

Might be a firmware problem. I would not upgrade the firmware for the valueject since my ink supplier warned me not to.

I suspect mfg upgrade their firmware from time to time to defeat the third party chips.

FatCat

What Mutoh printer do you have?

If you have a 1204 or a 1304 you're not supposed to use the 440's anyway. I just switched my machine over to 20/20 and so far have been very pleased with the ink - not having the problems you are, but I'm running the 220's.

What Mutoh printer do you have?

If you have a 1204 or a 1304 you're not supposed to use the 440's anyway. I just switched my machine over to 20/20 and so far have been very pleased with the ink - not having the problems you are, but I'm running the 220's.

1604 fatcat

FatCat

Gotcha' I had heard another local shop in my area was running the 440's in their 1304 and having the same problems you describe. I'm sure it's likely a bad batch of chips/cards - I would give them a chance to get it sorted out. The ink savings over the long haul should make it worth it.

Gotcha' I had heard another local shop in my area was running the 440's in their 1304 and having the same problems you describe. I'm sure it's likely a bad batch of chips/cards - I would give them a chance to get it sorted out. The ink savings over the long haul should make it worth it.

160 for every four, definitely a great savings.

MachServTech

20/20 used to be 11/10. Same carts and chips, same issues. Maybe they will get it solved because the ink wasn't bad.

$80 x 4 = 320, not 160.

120*4=480
80x4=320

480-320=160

I did not explain myslef well the first time.

Regular meaning OEM are 120 a pop. Third party are 80 a pop, so you save 40 dollars per each cartridge when you buy 440s so if you buy 4 cartridges, (CMYK) you will save 160 dollars in total.

Sorry for the smart math101 remark if you saw that first, I have thus edited my post. I got kind of confused the first time. I type quickly and dont think things through as I am working on other projects too. have a great friday dice :)

Dice

Ohh ok. I thought you were getting 440's for $40 bucks. I was about to give my rep a beating.

mikesign

I always had problems with the 11/10 cartridges, so no surprise 20/20 is the same thing. I switched to solaris and so far so good. No ;problems with the cartrides or the ink.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
I always had problems with the 11/10 cartridges, so no surprise 20/20 is the same thing. I switched to solaris and so far so good. No ;problems with the cartrides or the ink.

I've had 3 problems with the Solaris cartridges now. They say the "dates" are of the problem generation period and those problems should be fixed. The tab doesn't pop out when empty ("because of faulty tape") causing the machine to continue printing, drawing air into the line. Happened twice within the first month. The other problem was probably the chip...said ink was empty..but it had about half still in it. Anyway...The inks look good. Maybe a little more "gummy" or thick on heads...making more dust sticking to the build up...but colors are great, price is great and tech support has been nothing but helpful with the problem. Replacement cartridges with no hassles through Feller's. Hope the kink's are all worked out...time will tell.