• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

20 ft water tower wrap

Angela

I have a customer calling for a water tower wrap, approx 6' to 7' tall by about 20' in circumference. We have done a small water tower but I have seen large water tower wraps before what material do you use? Any advice is appreciated.

CanuckSigns

I have a customer calling for a water tower wrap, approx 6' to 7' tall by about 20' in circumference. We have done a small water tower but I have seen large water tower wraps before what material do you use? Any advice is appreciated.

Paint?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member

Angela, use a CAST vinyl with CAST lam.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Is it Metal or Concrete? If its metal is it painted or just stainless?

I would look in to using a non PVC vinyl like 3M 480Cv3 or the Urethane products from ARLON and Avery. These should far out last PVC as long as you use a durable ink. If you want the greatest longevity Hire a Painter and you will get 20+ years.

Pippin Decals

If you have done a small water tower wrap before , why cant you use the same material you used for the larger one as well? Im just asking a question as im no expert in wraps..

ams

First of all, you are lucky. I wish I could get one of those jobs. Second, which brand of vinyl do you use or like to use? Then I can help suggest something.
Other else, contact your local rep at your supplier and ask for tips.

AaronSSsignsKC

Depending on the image if we were able to we would paint it. Water towers can be hell on vinyl but if you are going to wrap it would use a hi grade cast with a cast laminate. 3m 180 would be what I suggest.

Starter

3m 180 or 480 is also what I would use. There may be cheaper materials out there but the labor saved by using the 480 will by far make up for it.