• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

20 mil mag

zigns62

What setting will I need to set my VP 540 printer to cut 20 mil magnets so they don't skew when cutting and how much Force will I need on the blade? Thanks for your info.

Mysticalvibes

This is the real Irish way of doing it ;-) Keep the sheets short and have a person on each side support the weight. If you cut about 250g it leaves a reasonable track which you can then snap by hand or trim off with a knife.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

kirscp

What setting will I need to set my VP 540 printer to cut 20 mil magnets so they don't skew when cutting and how much Force will I need on the blade? Thanks for your info.

I print and cut 25 mil magnet material with my BN-20. I use 60 degree blade in the aluminum blade holder. I have the force set at like 30, or whatever the lowest setting it. The magnet material is scored and they easily pop out. I cut vinyl at 120.

I am only using 12" rolls and they are not magnetized. I magnetize them after they are printed. Magnum Magnetics is the company, my Roland Dealer supplies. I do have to order a minimum of 4 24" rolls, which is of course 8 12" rolls.