• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

20 typeface treatments

A little 24" x 36" poster I put together to frame and hang in the shop. What do you guys think? We need more eye candy and displays in our shop but it takes most of my free time on the weekends to create a lot of it when we get really busy.

Attachments

• Text Effects SMALL.jpg
    Text Effects SMALL.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 82
You're much braver than I am!
If I put something like that in my shop someone would want me to sit down and show all of them using their name...
It's nice though.

You're much braver than I am!
If I put something like that in my shop someone would want me to sit down and show all of them using their name...
It's nice though.

You know I never thought of that and you're probably right. I just think it looks cool, but if customers start going crazy with it, I may just have to move it to the screen printing room.

phototec

Nice idea, however I don't like the dark BLUE background (to dark), not enough separation between the text and background, and the blue clashes with some of the type face colors.

I duplicated you chart adding a neutral gray background and find it much easier to read and the separation around the edge of the text shows the type effects better (IMO).

:thumb:

Attachments

• Text%20Effects%20SMALL.jpg
    Text%20Effects%20SMALL.jpg
    354 KB · Views: 80
  • Text%20Effects%20SMALL MOD.jpg
    Text%20Effects%20SMALL MOD.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 76

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Looks good,
do you charge extra if a customer asks to use all 20 on a single business card or yard sign?

wayne k
guam usa

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Just my 2¢, but I think your Typeface Treatments Chart would be much more useful if you did it all in the same typeface. Your customer might say they like Spirit the best when what they really like is the typeface.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
A little 24" x 36" poster I put together to frame and hang in the shop. What do you guys think? We need more eye candy and displays in our shop but it takes most of my free time on the weekends to create a lot of it when we get really busy.

I like the sign but would hate to have the discussions like "Well ... we CAN do carbon on bleeding cowboy BUT ... " or "Yeah, we can do gold effect ... on brush script ... well ..."

Really though. Great idea for your designers. Lets them have a reference to mix it up a little when they start getting burnt out.

synergy_jim

you'll be taking that down as soon as the first customer wastes 4 hours of your time looking at every single one of them…...

Z SIGNS

Nice chart but sign design and choice of type styles should not be up to the customer.
Type style choices should be made by the professional designer.

Jillbeans

I totally agree that it's going to hurt you more than help you.
If you must do it, choose a neutral dark grey background and use all the same font.
About 20 years ago I painted a large sign showing letter heights (because everyone always wanted a 6" block letter) to demonstrate just how big the letters were in person.
I ended up burning the f*cking thing one day.
Love....Jill

synergy_jim

I totally agree that it's going to hurt you more than help you.
If you must do it, choose a neutral dark grey background and use all the same font.
About 20 years ago I painted a large sign showing letter heights (because everyone always wanted a 6" block letter) to demonstrate just how big the letters were in person.
I ended up burning the f*cking thing one day.
Love....Jill

yep…. burn that mother!