• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2003 MUTCD for windows 10

parrot7

would like to know if this software by DGI Traffic will work on windows 10, can't get a hold of them please help

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Why are you guys using a 2003 edition of MUTCD? That's outdated. The 2009 Edition with Revisions 1 and 2 (in 2012) is the most recent version. In Jan 2017 a list of known errors was published.
https://mutcd.fhwa.dot.gov/kno_2009r1r2.htm

I rarely have to mess with traffic sign related signage, but on those rare occasions I just go directly to the PDFs for the MUTCD and Standard Highway Signs. It's easy enough to grab a sign type directly out of the manuals by importing it into Adobe Illustrator. There's more than enough description to re-create those signs from scratch, provided if you have the proper FHWA Series Gothic fonts. Interim approval of Clearview Highway was recently pulled but then later reinstated (so many local and state agencies already spent a bunch of money on those fonts).

parrot7

Why are you guys using a 2003 edition of MUTCD? That's outdated. The 2009 Edition with Revisions 1 and 2 (in 2012) is the most recent version. In Jan 2017 a list of known errors was published.
https://mutcd.fhwa.dot.gov/kno_2009r1r2.htm

I rarely have to mess with traffic sign related signage, but on those rare occasions I just go directly to the PDFs for the MUTCD and Standard Highway Signs. It's easy enough to grab a sign type directly out of the manuals by importing it into Adobe Illustrator. There's more than enough description to re-create those signs from scratch, provided if you have the proper FHWA Series Gothic fonts. Interim approval of Clearview Highway was recently pulled but then later reinstated (so many local and state agencies already spent a bunch of money on those fonts).
Thanks Bobby, I use LXi master from sign warehouse , plotter is VE Q42 , we bought 2003 software but will be upgrading our operating system to Window 10. I work for city government so all I do is MUTCD signs