• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2006 Dodge Sprinter: Which Vinyl?

jc1cell

Hey guys,

I've been asked to quote on a 2006 Dodge Sprinter and am wondering if I should go with the IJ 380C from 3M or go with the Avery SuperCast.

The former scares me a bit because of their history, but since I've never really used the IJ-380 I don't have any history to fallback on either.

Opinions would be welcome based on past experience with similar vehicles (deep grooves).

Thanks,
jc

Letterbox Mike

I'd use the Supercast, I think it conforms and sticks a little better in deep recesses better than IJ380...

Flame away...

WrapperX

Avery has rebounded nicely from their slip ups from a few years ago. Their 1005 EZ RS super cast is very nice to work with - plus it doesn't smell like the 3M vinyls - Thankfully I haven't had to wrap any sprinters lately but I think either would really work out for what you want. I played with a sample of the 380 from 3M and I didn't care for its stretchablity. It still distorted the print quite a bit and got that "stretched to much" look and I didn't think it was all that much of a gap that I was playing with. However maybe it was. If ever I had a choice between 3M and Avery I would generally lean torward Avery. Just me thought.

jc1cell

Ok guys, appreciate it.

Seems like Avery is the winning bid with this small group of suggestions.

jc

Letterbox Mike

Avery has rebounded nicely from their slip ups from a few years ago. Their 1005 EZ RS super cast is very nice to work with - plus it doesn't smell like the 3M vinyls - Thankfully I haven't had to wrap any sprinters lately but I think either would really work out for what you want. I played with a sample of the 380 from 3M and I didn't care for its stretchablity. It still distorted the print quite a bit and got that "stretched to much" look and I didn't think it was all that much of a gap that I was playing with. However maybe it was. If ever I had a choice between 3M and Avery I would generally lean torward Avery. Just me thought.

This is also true, we did an HHR bumper with 380 and it really distorted the graphic and we weren't over heating it or over stretching it. I didn't like it so I reprinted it on Avery Supercast and the distortion or clouding was almost non-existent. Supercast stuck better too.

HulkSmash

just installed a complete full wrap on an impala. works so good for us. Actually took our installer about 3-5 hrs less than it would using 180. Not even being sarcastic.

jc1cell

Have you had any issues with the initial low tack of the Supercast? I used it on the security vehicle I did in cut vinyl, for the bumper. While I liked the flexibility of the media, it didn't seem to grab as well as the 180 and 3951 I have used.

Maybe it's a good thing?

jc