• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2010 Camaro

Dave Stacey

We are going to do a 2010 camaro hood,trunk & spoiler stripe that we've copied. I normally use paper premask with our graphics. Would the clear premask be easier to use on the hood? I have to order the matte black vinyl.
Does any one have a brand of preference for color match & installation?

Thanks Dave

auto accents sc

We use Oracal 751. We have done quite a few of these and always use paper mask. We do a wet install and wet the premask before we start squeegeeing. This allows the paper to stretch as well as let go of the vinyl and helps it tack quicker.
Jamey

Joe Diaz

I have a FDC film I ordered from Fellers on my car (mustang). It wasn't too hard to work with, It doesn't handle compound curves too well, but I've worked with worst. Soo far it is holding up great. We used the same stuff to do a silver Camaro a month or so ago. It was much easer than the Mustang because we did the bumpers on the mustang, and on the Camaro we just did the hood trunk and spoiler. Removing the spoiler helps.

I like to install the stripes wet and without premask using a felt squeegee and tape to help me line up the graphics.

auto accents sc

Joe did you have the 1/4" border on the Camaro? If so how did you handle that? I also like to install wet without premask. We use a yellow turbo squeegee for window tinting.
Jamey

Joe Diaz

Joe did you have the 1/4" border on the Camaro? If so how did you handle that? I also like to install wet without premask. We use a yellow turbo squeegee for window tinting.
Jamey

Oh yeah if you do the 1/4 inch border stripes you definitely want to go with premask.