• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2012 f250 red wrap

dortonracing

I have a 2012 f250 that is red, they are wanting to wrap the grill, mirror, and bumpers to match, anyone know of color that matches paint? I've seen black and white done. P

JgS

Your best bet is to get a swatch book and find a match? Why not just paint these items? Then you have a true match.

worthy1

+1 on the swatchbook.

Even with white and black its difficult to find a match since car companies colours usually differ.

dortonracing

Well I don't paint, and this guy is a good customer and asked me to wrap them. 3m has a black that matches the tuxedo black, and a pearl white that matches, I hadn't found a stupid red tho

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I'm pretty sure this f250 is painted Ferrari Red.

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• Ferrari-250-GTO-3-litre-V12-RWD-19621.jpg
    Ferrari-250-GTO-3-litre-V12-RWD-19621.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 93

JgS

Well I don't paint, and this guy is a good customer and asked me to wrap them. 3m has a black that matches the tuxedo black, and a pearl white that matches, I hadn't found a stupid red tho

Your could outsource it to an auto body shop. You said they are a good customer. Why not give them exactly what they want instead of something sub-par? Your causing yourself a headache over a small job.

Flame

Lesson to be learned here, is the only way to make money is not take every job that walks in your door. This is next to impossible to get vinyl to match flawlessly next to paint. Have him do it right and just get it painted would be my $0.02

rjssigns

Does he want it removable a some point? If so wrap with light gray cast then paint. Yes you can base/clear cast vinyl you just can't wrap with it. Flat and slightly curved surfaces are O.K. Before digital printers I used to airbrush and paint on vinyl to get the effects I wanted.

dortonracing

Ya he does not want to paint it, the grill is a chrome shell so it cant be painted without buying new. But he is set to have it wrapped. To have painted he is looking a taking it atleast 20miles away to closes paint place and has to leave for 4 or 5 days which he cant do, as he works with his truck. Its called Vermilion Red