• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2012 Nor'eastern Mixer

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hi folks……… :peace!:
It’s that time again to think about a Mixer for the Northeast in 2012…. and yes of course, anyone can come.

It’s good to start these things early enough, so we can get everyone on the same page. We first need to find someone or company willing to put p with a bunch of nuts for two or three days.

We’ve sponsored the last two and they were a lot of fun, work, informative, educational, hands on and most of all….. making some life-time friends.

Putting faces to the avatars and words on the forum is truly a great thing to do. The knowledge some go away with from the demos and vendors is sometimes worth the whole trip.

Anyway, do we have any takers on this thing for this year ?? End of summer or September is a great time in my neck of the woods. It’s not too hot; kids are still out of school and traveling is still fairly easy.

All input will be great and once we find a host, we can narrow down a weekend which will work for the majority. Then we can set up vendors to come in, demos and make reservations and figure out a menu and a theme so we can have shirts made. Last, with enough time, we can get lotsa donations for substrates for doing projects and door prizes.
So, let’s get those thinking caps on and get 2012 s101 Nor’easter underway………..

Typestries

Well, since I still owe this community a meet up for the one that never was, I feel a need to offer up. Just sayin....

Although, yes, Dennis' would be perfect

D&Tgraphics

Ok ok. Yes I am planning on hosting this year. We should be in our new location by June 1st so the end of summer would be great. it'll give us a few months to get situated. I've been thinking about it a lot lately. I think I'm going to do a little BBQ at my house for the early comers on Friday and then do a full day at the shop on Saturday. Then depending on everyone's thoughts, for people that stay over to Sunday maybe do the morning at the shop and then I have some limo buddies that can bus us over to Niagara Falls for the afternoon so some of you can take in some sight seeing. We might even combine this years meet with my business partners screen printers forum. If they're interested. It might be fun to mingle with those guys too. Ok, thoughts........

Oh yeah, there are multiple hotels just up the road and a good bar within walking distance. :)

D&Tgraphics

Oh come on, I traveled about 7 hours each way the last 3 meets. Some people fly in from other countries. :) I know 3 people for sure that will be coming in from NJ. That is where you are right?

CheapVehicleWrap

Oh come on, I traveled about 7 hours each way the last 3 meets. Some people fly in from other countries. :) I know 3 people for sure that will be coming in from NJ. That is where you are right?

yeah but fuel alone will run me almost a grand round trip. Like I said... cheap. But I might be willing to shuttle the other 3.

CheapVehicleWrap

I was just bustin you balls. :) take a train. I priced it out before from NYC and it's like $100 round trip.

They don't call me Iron Balls Maginje for nuthin.

You know.. that's not a bad idea!

I will advise you to NEVER, EVER take a bus for 3 days across country. I did it once in 1989. NEVER AGAIN.

J

john1

Just did some fast research and your about 7.5hrs away, If i took a plane up it would be about $450 round trip for 2 people plus cab fare to the Holiday in in Lockport that's another $275 or so for 2 nights. The plane would land in Buffalo and then i would take a cab to the hotel in Lockport. Is the Holiday Inn within walking distance?

Deff keep us posted and i will arrange something hopefully!

D&Tgraphics

It's not really close enough to walk. It's 2 miles down the road. I'm sure you can set something up with one of the other guys to get a ride from the hotel. If you have to I think a taxi might run $3.

CheapVehicleWrap

It's not really close enough to walk. It's 2 miles down the road. I'm sure you can set something up with one of the other guys to get a ride from the hotel. If you have to I think a taxi might run $3.

Yes it was hell, you couldn't imagine.

$3 bucks? Is that the best you can do?

Baz

You can always count me in! :toasting: Once a date is set up i will work my schedule around it.