• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2013 International CorelDRAW Design Competition entries are in.

Joe Diaz

Thanks for the reply! You truly do have talent. I am just glad you didn't say something like 8 hours. :Big Laugh
One more question. Did you start with a sketch or is it all done via computer?

Yes I had several different sketches throughout the process and the design changed a little as I went. I'm including the time it took to draw those in that 80 hour guesstimate too.

Yes I had several different sketches throughout the process and the design changed a little as I went. I'm including the time it took to draw those in that 80 hour guesstimate too.

You mean this was done without a 3D rendering program first? How do you get the perspective so accurate as well as shadow placement? Please tell me you are not that good...I will quit.

You mean this was done without a 3D rendering program first? How do you get the perspective so accurate as well as shadow placement? Please tell me you are not that good...I will quit.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Fantastic work Joe, the detail is amazing and hope you win again.:thumb:

But there is a typo in the clock...

Joe Diaz

I did do a bit of 3D work for the buildings and arches a little later on to help lay this out, but the original sketches were hand done, and most of the detail work on those buildings was done by creating a vanishing point in the Draw file and making good use of the perspective tool.

But there is a typo in the clock...

LOL yeah I know.:covereyes: I realized that after I submitted it, and thought ah crap. So now I've been trying to come up with an excuse I can give for why I did it on purpose. LOL I could maybe go with 7 is so lucky so I thought it should be on there twice, or next version of Draw is going to be X7. You think that would work? :ROFLMAO: