Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions 2019 Ford super duty F250. how do I remove the exterior handles so I can wrap the truck

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by dasigndr, Dec 12, 2019.

1. 2019 Ford super duty F250. how do I remove the exterior handles so I can wrap the truck then re install the handle?? help asap!! I have done hundreds of different types of vehicles and they typically have a set screw on the inside of the door edge, which this truck does also, but it won't release and come out for the life of me!!!

2. bannertime

bannertime "You guys do banners, right?"

Sep 8, 2016
    Arlington, TX
    Probably something like this.

3. I have watched that video. it is not the same handle and interior panel is different.

4. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Have you removed the inside door panel? If so you should be able to see the nuts that are holding it on.

5. Yes. the dealer finally called me back and walked me through it. Even he said that the way these 2019 are , they are not the same as the older ones. As you can see in the photos attached, the plate is permanently attached to the handle. you need to completely disassemble the handle to remove this plate to be able to wrap it properly. Not a good design at all.

Attached Files:

6. letterman7

letterman7 Very Active Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Wait until you do a 2020 Explorer... getting them off is easy. Getting them back on, not so much.

7. MikePatterson

MikePatterson Head bathroom cleaner.

A bit of advice on the Ford F250's.
    On the work trucks if you remove mirrors, remember to use a scan tool and delete the code for the ambient air temp sensor fault. It will through a check engine light.

On the Platinum's or any model with the cross traffic avoidance system and the 360 camera system. You have to have the computer re flashed once it is reassembled. Our dealer charges $250 to do it. It will freak the computer out after about 30 to 50 miles driven and you'll get a call from a pissed off customer. Don't ask how I know this.