Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question 2020 Colorado Dis-Assembly Problem

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by BluetailGFX, Mar 10, 2020.

1. BluetailGFX

BluetailGFX Journeyman

Dec 3, 2018
    Florida
    I got a new 2020 Crew Cab Colorado back in December. Finally getting a few days to wrap it.

But hit a snag with removing the door handles....

Fronts come off just fine, as intended, with the same GM/Ford way of handles being held in by One T20/25 from the door side access hole.

However the rear door handles would not just pop off when the T20 was lose. Just cannot get the damn things to budge. So in the morning I am going to fully remove the rear door panels, to see if I can figure it out.

Was hoping somebody else has already removed the handles on these late model Colorados and possibly hit the same snag.....?????

Tags:
  2. BluetailGFX

BluetailGFX Journeyman

Dec 3, 2018
    Florida
    ...well I gt it figured out.

On the Colorado Crew Cabs, the rear door handles use a plastic base insert for the small handle piece. That plastic creates a "suction" against the internal part of the door handle, so you have to pry it carefully away to get it to release.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1