• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question 2020 Colorado Dis-Assembly Problem

BluetailGFX

Journeyman
I got a new 2020 Crew Cab Colorado back in December. Finally getting a few days to wrap it.

But hit a snag with removing the door handles....

Fronts come off just fine, as intended, with the same GM/Ford way of handles being held in by One T20/25 from the door side access hole.

However the rear door handles would not just pop off when the T20 was lose. Just cannot get the damn things to budge. So in the morning I am going to fully remove the rear door panels, to see if I can figure it out.

Was hoping somebody else has already removed the handles on these late model Colorados and possibly hit the same snag.....?????

BluetailGFX

Journeyman
...well I gt it figured out.

On the Colorado Crew Cabs, the rear door handles use a plastic base insert for the small handle piece. That plastic creates a "suction" against the internal part of the door handle, so you have to pry it carefully away to get it to release.