• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions 2020 Dodge Ram

letterman7

Hi all,
I want to pick the collective brain trust on how folks approach the tailgates on these new trucks. Many fire departments (and some PD) are now getting these Rams and they are giving me headaches trying to make them look right. Attached is a photo from an install today (not complete - it gets a cap). The lettering on the right gets a matching set on the left of the gate. If I install so the copy is level with the top of the gate (and plastic protector on top), the rest looks wonky as shown. I made the mistake of "leveling" the copy with the body fold just under the handle and that looks absolutely horrid. Since the gate from the handle to the top essentially flare from the center out (wider in the middle than on the ends), how do you handle this to not make it look completely weird?

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
I would put the text on one line and size it down so that none of it falls below the fold.

In similar situations, If there is a slight curve, you can take a piece of scrap wrap/app tape/etc and draw a line on it. Take a straight-on photo of the curve and you should be able to align the text to it so that it follows the curve.

letterman7

Thanks. Yeah, the more I look at it the more it makes sense for a single line. Customer is just going to have to adjust :)

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
just be glad it's not the tailgate with the gigantic RAM on it. Hate those.