• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2200 hours.... Is that a lot

hunterp

I am picking up a used VP-540 with 2200 hours.
That sounds like a lot on a scan motor. A lot for the printer in general.

Thoughts?
Personal experience?

Thank you for the feedback.

Ragnabrok

the scan motors are rated for 1200-1500 hours ( i forget which one), the scan motor may have been changed and the timer not reset. If it screams like a banshee while printing it's probably the original. 2200 hours would be a well used machine, not to say thats a bad thing.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Why does that not sound like a lot to me? If that printer ran even only 4 hours a day, that's 550 days. Just just over 2 years of work days....

Ragnabrok

Did we ever replace the scan motor on our XC-540? I forget now. I know it's been getting louder for the last couple of years but can't remember if we ever replaced it.

Ps. I think we're making progress with the XR-640 tracking..........pinch roller spacers seem to help after the shims were removed from the feed roller bars. I've had a (2) 300" + runs so far before getting head strikes. Not perfect, but better. :thumb:

**fingers crossed**

I can't remember replacing the scan motor on your pro 3. It's not only the motor that makes the noise, the bearings add some, and the belt meshing into the pulleys adds some too. the bearings can be oiled with 3-in-1 and the belt can be cleaned and greased a bit.