• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

24" latex printer for printing adhesive vinyl plus a cold laminator

Boyblue

Any recommendations on a 24" latex printer that I can print to vinyl directly from Adobe Photoshop. Cutting is optional. I'm also looking for a cold laminator for the same setup.

ironchef

24"? No such thing. Why so small? If the answer is budget look at the hp 310

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Christian @ 2CT Media

Just get a 110 which is being blown out for under $7,000 and is 54"

Laminators: if there isn't a lot of volume you can get a OrangeA Laminator off of Amazon or Ebay for around $240.

There are no Print/Cut Latex Printers on the market currently, HPs print cut is a a 330 and Summa D series cutter.

ironchef

That's what i meant the 110 lol. And why did you decide on latex of I may ask?

Boyblue

24"? No such thing. Why so small? If the answer is budget look at the hp 310

Let me first let you know i'm on an island where almost everything is imported. This is just one of a few options being considered. Due to fortunate On the other hand it's a circuit breaker. By limiting the size, I limit our scope of work. If we have a 54" machine sitting, it's likely more will be asked of us.

I'm sitting here looking at quotes that run high five figures and I hear about this technology that's taken the mystery out of vinyl printing and I feel I have to go for it. There are certain aspects that I will outsource but I figure we can handle small promotional signs which is a significant part of those estimates.

I will present a case for a few different options, (all of which has a local shop doing the large stuff). The options are:
1) The top dog does it all - Awesome service & product
2) Two local up & comers get the nod (one has the low bid and the other more polished product and reliable).
3) Importing completed small signs printed directly to coroplast or 3mm pvc
4) Importing Printed vinyl and applying to locally sourced substrate
5) Print in-house on imported vinyl & apply to imported pre-cut substrate

More than likely #3 will be chosen but I'm hoping for #5. That being said, what is the least imposing setup that you would recommend? I've spoken to an Epson dealer in South Florida (nearest state) and he is high on the Sureprint 40600 and he's also looking for a 30" option.

ironchef

Depends on how many employees you have and the space. But option 5 would be the best. Get a printer atleast 54" with a laminator and start making more money!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, quotes aren't money in the bank. Invoices are. So, if your receivables are as good as your quotes, then I'd say, expand and set yourself up right..... right off the bat.

Last edited:

Boyblue

So I have my HP 110. Do I need software, is Photoshop adequate? I'm looking at the GFP 230C cold laminator