• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

24" Printer Options - Need Recommendation

thabeger

Hello everyone!

I am looking into some printer options. We have been creating alot of stickers / decals lately and I need to buy another printer. I was looking at a Canon imageprografi6400s as a pigment printer. We always use lamination on the stickers, labels, etc. I like the idea of just CMYK instead of all the colors of the 6400s offers.

What does everyone think? Or give me some other options. I really like the how the 6400s color calibrates itself though.

I just can't afford a solvent at the moment.

Thanks!

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Steer clear of aqueous if you want any sort of longevity from your prints. Even laminated they will not last outdoors.
We have an iPF8100 and dabbled in adhesive vinyl about 6 years ago, and it just didn't last.
No such issues with our Eco-sol.

TomK

This brings up an interesting question that I had too.

I am doing a lot of stickers that people use for notebooks and such (all indoor short term usage), today I'm doing them on vinyl on my HP Latex 300, I was wondering if there was something smaller to use (print wise) that would allow me to bring down my cost.

I was looking at a Epson SureColor P800 Wide Format Inkjet Printer, as they have them on sale at the moment, but I don't know anything about this printer other than it is a pigment printer.

I need something that is supported in Flexi too.

Any suggestions?

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Take a look at the Mutoh Valuejet 628x. We just installed one last week. The unit is really easy to use and comes with FlexiSIGN & PRINT Mutoh Edition.

thabeger

This brings up an interesting question that I had too.

I am doing a lot of stickers that people use for notebooks and such (all indoor short term usage), today I'm doing them on vinyl on my HP Latex 300, I was wondering if there was something smaller to use (print wise) that would allow me to bring down my cost.

I was looking at a Epson SureColor P800 Wide Format Inkjet Printer, as they have them on sale at the moment, but I don't know anything about this printer other than it is a pigment printer.

I need something that is supported in Flexi too.

Any suggestions?

Tom,

Your post is the exact reason why we are looking into a new printer. But I still want roll media, there are other Epson printers that accept roll media but I believe they are 13" rolls which are obviously hard to find. I don't want to laminate sheets and then put them on the plotter individually. Just want to get it done quick.

TomK

Tom,

Your post is the exact reason why we are looking into a new printer. But I still want roll media, there are other Epson printers that accept roll media but I believe they are 13" rolls which are obviously hard to find. I don't want to laminate sheets and then put them on the plotter individually. Just want to get it done quick.

Let me know what you end up going with here, I'm still in a holding pattern, the Valuejet is too expensive, that's what I have the HP for.

Tom

thabeger

Steer clear of aqueous if you want any sort of longevity from your prints. Even laminated they will not last outdoors.
We have an iPF8100 and dabbled in adhesive vinyl about 6 years ago, and it just didn't last.
No such issues with our Eco-sol.

Were looking at this for indoor stickers and product labels.

Thanks for your reply!

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Indoor shouldn't be much of an issue then... I highly recommend the iPF range. Brilliant gamut and resolution.
We use it for high end art prints all the time.

Keep an eye out for the new iPF Pro 1000 range coming out.

Jackpine

I have an Epson 7700 pigment and a Mutoh 1204 printer. They do different things but the Epson can print on vinyl and with a laminate can last 3 to 4 years. Kapco has 24" print vinyl and laminate. There are other vendors also selling water base media.

F80M3

Custom Title
I'm currently looking at the Mutoh 628 (NON x version) as its on sale on numerous websites due to the new X model. seems reasonable priced and people seem to like their mutohs

thabeger

I have an Epson 7700 pigment and a Mutoh 1204 printer. They do different things but the Epson can print on vinyl and with a laminate can last 3 to 4 years. Kapco has 24" print vinyl and laminate. There are other vendors also selling water base media.

Is the Kapco printable vinyl media any good? Seems like a real good price. The only thing that scares me is that it states there might be a slight color shift on pigment inks, but then again says for best results use pigment inks.

Thanks!

TomK

Indoor shouldn't be much of an issue then... I highly recommend the iPF range. Brilliant gamut and resolution.
We use it for high end art prints all the time.

Keep an eye out for the new iPF Pro 1000 range coming out.

Looks like this model is already out? At least I'm seeing it online for $1299. Can you feed vinyl sheets through this printer, anyone know?

F80M3

Custom Title
Take a look at the Mutoh Valuejet 628x. We just installed one last week. The unit is really easy to use and comes with FlexiSIGN & PRINT Mutoh Edition.

couple of questions, do you folks sell the standard 628? I dont need the metallic or white ink option. and do you folks sell 24" media? I can get it slit at some vendors but they charge to do so which ups the price per sq ft.
will you ship the printer to Hawaii and can i get a quote from you via PM?

Thanks in advance.

Conor

TomK

What printer did you end up going with?

Tom

Hello everyone!

I am looking into some printer options. We have been creating alot of stickers / decals lately and I need to buy another printer. I was looking at a Canon imageprografi6400s as a pigment printer. We always use lamination on the stickers, labels, etc. I like the idea of just CMYK instead of all the colors of the 6400s offers.

What does everyone think? Or give me some other options. I really like the how the 6400s color calibrates itself though.

I just can't afford a solvent at the moment.

Thanks!