• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

24" Radius

ams

Having a brain fart here. I need to make a 24" circle, if I multiply by 3.14 it comes to 75.36"
So basically would I need a 75.375" Piece of material to come out with a perfect 24" circle?
I am assuming if I did 77.375" it would give me a 2" overlap?

Thanks

ams

So it looks like I was right. 24" diameter would be 12" radius, equals 75.39" so it's easier to do 24 X 3.14 = 75.38
Thanks

signage

I am really confused the title of this post states 24" radius but you are all saying 12" radius! If the title is correct the Diameter of the circle is 48", the circumference is 150.7964" and the area is 1,809.557! This is why trying to answer questions on here is just a crap shoot, most poster cannot explain what they are really looking for, and usually don't have a real clue!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Simple geometry not your long suit? It takes 24" of material to cut a 24" circle. It takes 24pi inches of material to cut a piece to bend around the circumference of a 24" circle.

Just what is it that you're trying to achieve here?