• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

24 Years Ago

Mosh

On this day in 1988 I started working for Jim Kleveland making signs. The first sign I made was for the Corps of Engineers, a Rip-Rap project of the river. I had ALOT of fun working there and a bunch of my friends came on to work there that made it one of the best times of my life! I miss those days.

I turn 40 this week is what makes me think of this, Jim thought I was old enough to drive or would not have hired me. I worked there a year before I was old enough to drive "legally". We lettered all the cop cars so the police just assumed I was old enough to be driving!

Wish I could go back to those carefree days, now there are WAY too many worries in my life. I start harvest soon, so that is a HUGE worry for me. sometimes I wish I would have gone a different path, but it is what it is and I am thankful for $17 beans this year!!! (I store most so let's hope for $20)

g&eprinting

Happy Birthday ya old farrrrt. Time flies, I'm right behind ya.

Attachments

• bellyflop.gif
    bellyflop.gif
    969.5 KB · Views: 98

ThinkRight

40 ?
I faintly remember 40.
And unless you have "Super Genes", things start falling apart fast.
Hope you have a great birthday.....
And remember ,Old Age is a state of mind.
:peace!:

d fleming

Just kicked 48 myself, first shop I worked at in 1980 was a uniform company that had a screenprint shop run by a little guy named Jay who could make. Chicken soup from chicken poop. I was hired from the vo-tech school where I was taught to be a signpainter.Now I'm the old **** teaching my tricks to youngins. How time flies. Happy birthday

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Happy Birthday wishes to you, also.

This weekend is also my birthday and I've been painting signs since about 1965 or so... and professionally since 1972. Time flies when you're having fun.

:birthday:

Craig Sjoquist

I remember 40 well ahhh the women opps excuse and the work I'd get was awesome times indeed ..

ENJOY ..& Happy Birthday Mosh ......& Gino

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Mosh,

You had your share of fun just like you described. I am little bit younger, but that was just something else you experienced.

happy birthday to you folks.

Last edited:

Si Allen

40????

Yer juss a knobby kneed kid!

I turned 78 a couple of days ago.

It's a great life ... if you don't weaken!

:thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Pro Image

I know where your coming from Mosh.....I turned 40 3 days ago and I looked back too....but Ive got something to look forward too......Im going to be a daddy in Dec. for the first time......A little girl....I hope she has a wonderful time being my daughter....I know Im going to have a wonderful time being her dad.......

tattoo.dan

Happy Birthday Mosh and Gino. I am truly proud to be a member of this forum and surrounded by the knowledge and stories that come along with the trade. Thank you!

Arlo Kalon 2.0

One year to go and you will have been in this trade a quarter century. I remember the year it dawned on me that I had been doing this for 25 years. I immediately set out designing a 25 Years crest to put on my shop truck and biz cards. I remember it well. It had been a good ride at that point. I understand all the worries too... I'm sure all of us who have been at this for any appreciable amount of time do. It's part of why you're the boss, why you're the owner. It all rests on your shoulders. It's what sets you apart from the average ordinary person who would never dare to attempt to be self employed but give their life to punching a time clock for a reliable paycheck. I always abhorred that route in life. The few times I tried it I felt trapped. Be proud of what you are doing it. It's a great life to live!!!