• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

240 inch pdf too long for versaworks?

Jackflush

Gorgor
Can any one tell me why versa works seemingly will not take my wrap layout which is 240 inch by 54. It is cutting it off at about 200 inches. Is that versaworks limit? Im missing something here.

Jackflush

Gorgor
Pdf 240x50in. When I open it in versaworks it opens at 200x50. What do you guys use to print these 20+ ft. images? Some people are doing 35 ft wrap prints. what do they use to getr done? Ive looked at documentation for versworks and it says I can use a file 255"x54" at res 360x720 and up to 2gb. So Im lost on this one. Last snafu of the day. Any help is appreciated.

Rydaddy

I think I have seen this before regarding illustrator. Make it 1/2 size and double in your Rip. Make sense?

Jackflush

Gorgor
Shrink it by 50% and then blow it up by 200%? Its got to be exact, but you know that. Lol

Last edited:

Jackflush

Gorgor
This is the result of the eps test. 227 inches of the design got in, and the rest got cut out.

Attachments

• epstest.jpg
    epstest.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 102

cdiesel

Very simple. PDF files are limited to 200 inches. Just scale it in your design and you're good to go. We use 10% scale usually, so your file would be designed at 24x5.4". Then blow it up to 1000% size in VW. Just make sure that any raster elements that are used in the artwork are at least 720dpi so they blow up to 72dpi at full size.

shirtz

agreed with cdiesal. I usually use 1/4 scale in photoshop and then export to versaworks as a Photoshop EPS, and blow it up to full size there. We've been getting really good quality prints doing it this way. hopefully you got an answer that will work for you.