• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

25 year film

Mosh

I just had a lady from a town about 30 miles from me that needs a new welcome sign for the town. I made one for them on customer supplied PVC sign blank (they do fencing so got a blank and post from their supplier) back in 1999, and the red 3M film is fading on the south side, north side still looks new....ANYWAY this lady wants something that will last longer and this other company quoted her a sign using 25 year film!!!! I know the guy who quoted this, he is a bad check writing, trash talking dirt-bag, who BTW is 68 years old...of course he will put a 25 year warranty on something, you think he will still be around???/ AAAHHHHH

His quote reads: 25 year 3M-7125 film applied first surface to customer supplied face.

His price was double mine...I an just going to cut this one loose I think. I was thinking of quoting Gemini letters, but this lady is a little coo-coo anyway....

wildside

must be what the numbers mean... 7125 is good for 25 years... so we are in luck, 3m180 now warranted for 80 years!!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's probably just a typo and he really meant 5 years. With the 7125, he probably got confused. I'd let her know it, too.