• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

250 GT error messge

Pete Moss

Anyone ever run across this attached error message? A quick restart solves the issue though I would like to understand what causes the error message as it is popping up more frequently lately.

Thanks in advance!

Arizona 250 Gt
ProductionHouse Layout Tool for RIP

Attachments

• ResizedImage_1417615754172.jpg
    ResizedImage_1417615754172.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 300

DougWestwood

Oce 250 gt

Hi Sheldon Pete,
Have run several OCE and FUJI flatbeds, with ONYX.
Have never seen this message.

I think it would indicate that the software is looking for the printer, and can't find it.
Network cable connected solidly? Hope it's something that simple.
Please reply with results.

-Doug
Vancouver

Pete Moss

Hi Sheldon Pete,
Have run several OCE and FUJI flatbeds, with ONYX.
Have never seen this message.

I think it would indicate that the software is looking for the printer, and can't find it.
Network cable connected solidly? Hope it's something that simple.
Please reply with results.

-Doug
Vancouver

Thanks Doug, will do.

Pete Moss

This morning the error message was up again. I unplugged the network cable and cleaned where it is connected to the flatbed. If the message pops up again, I will do more cleaning around the oce's hard drive, if it still persist I will unplug at the other two points of connection. Will post again tomorrow with updates.

Pete Moss

No error message this morning. Doug, if you are ever in my neck of the woods let me know and I'll buy you a beer. I'll update if the message pops up again, hopefully won't. I'm still going take some canned air to the hard drive. Thanks again Doug.

Pete Moss

Arg. Error message again this morning. I found out the cable is over 6 years old. Going to replace it next.

Pete Moss

Waiting for our tech to switch out the cable. The last print just stopped mid-job, on some material we rarely use, & therefor do not stock. Same error message. awesome.

Pete Moss

I'll keep posting here even though I'm kinda flying solo in this thread. This was if anyone runs into this problem in the future there will be a resource. This morning before work I took out the panel that covers the oce' h.d. I sprayed canned air, really dusty. I'll be talking with a tech soon will post more updates.

Pete Moss

The circuit board connections have all been reseeded and reestablished. The Network cable has been replaced. The attached are the details of the error message. Looking into a new data relay board and System control pba. Any other ideas?

Attachments

• photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    110 KB · Views: 288

Pete Moss

The other day we left the network cable unplugged. There was no error message the following morning, so we replaced the port on the hd. This minimized the issue, however when restarting the message popped up again. Turned out to be a bad memory stick. It was replaced and we are up and running with no issues. Thanks for the input folks.

Pete Moss

We had success for a good few weeks.

Before that the network cable was replaced. Then, the memory sticks. This helped the most however, now we are getting motion errors (mostly Z-Axis, in the informational "Printer Messages" in the Oce' GUI) and halted prints for no apparent reasons. The error message has been coming up after the carriage moves to home position. The carriage has slowed at either side of the of the print before returning to the next direction. The problem has been somewhat gradual and intermittent until today, we have yet to have one successful print. I'm not sure if interpolation is the right word or not however it's been laying down a strip of garbled misinformation with some prints, it continues on afterword.

It seems to have been a fairly gradual issue, yesterday was worse then the day before, etc. We where running tons of jobs two weeks ago when the issue started to become more apparent.

Today the interlock button on the carriage has been tightened. The Z-Axis has been re-aligned and is setting level. We ran system diagnostics with no errors. Our in-house tech will be speaking with an Oce' tech (fingers crossed) to figure out our next step whether it be a needing a: data relay board, system pba, a mother board, a new communication cable between the print-head circuits and the motherboard, a processor and/or a new hard drive or something else altogether.

Any further input here would help.

I'll update as more information becomes available.

DravidDavid

We had success for a good few weeks.

Before that the network cable was replaced. Then, the memory sticks. This helped the most however, now we are getting motion errors (mostly Z-Axis, in the informational "Printer Messages" in the Oce' GUI) and halted prints for no apparent reasons. The error message has been coming up after the carriage moves to home position. The carriage has slowed at either side of the of the print before returning to the next direction. The problem has been somewhat gradual and intermittent until today, we have yet to have one successful print. I'm not sure if interpolation is the right word or not however it's been laying down a strip of garbled misinformation with some prints, it continues on afterword.

It seems to have been a fairly gradual issue, yesterday was worse then the day before, etc. We where running tons of jobs two weeks ago when the issue started to become more apparent.

Today the interlock button on the carriage has been tightened. The Z-Axis has been re-aligned and is setting level. We ran system diagnostics with no errors. Our in-house tech will be speaking with an Oce' tech (fingers crossed) to figure out our next step whether it be a needing a: data relay board, system pba, a mother board, a new communication cable between the print-head circuits and the motherboard, a processor and/or a new hard drive or something else altogether.

Any further input here would help.

I'll update as more information becomes available.

Welcome to the OCE 250GT Lemon Club. It's a pretty prestigious club, just you and me.

It does not sound like a motherboard/processor/hard drive issue. It sounds like it might be either a separate controller the firmware runs, or it could be as simple as the gantry and associated running gear up top requiring grease and lubrication. Can't say that accounts for the garbled line of information though. Would you possibly be able to take a picture of that? I can pick brains and see if my guy can come up with something for you.

Cheers,
David

Pete Moss

Well, to Oce's defense this machine is over eight years old. For 140K you'd think they'd last longer. Having said that, it sounds like it has outlasted most. Also, they (Oce') did call back to our in house tech today. They re-iterated the communication cable as a possibility and also the mother board. We have both on order.

For the sake of informational purposes can you please explain why you don't think it sounds like a motherboard/processor/hard drive issue?

Thanks a ton for your response! If you're able to come up with anything else, it would be greatly appreciated.

I will update once the new parts are installed.

Here is an example of the garble.

Attachments

• Garble.JPG
    Garble.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 230

DravidDavid

Well, to Oce's defense this machine is over eight years old. For 140K you'd think they'd last longer. Having said that, it sounds like it has outlasted most. Also, they (Oce') did call back to our in house tech today. They re-iterated the communication cable as a possibility and also the mother board. We have both on order.

For the sake of informational purposes can you please explain why you don't think it sounds like a motherboard/processor/hard drive issue?

Thanks a ton for your response! If you're able to come up with anything else, it would be greatly appreciated.

Ours is 5 years old and has had a massive amount go wrong with it. It is quite a cheap printer compared to others in the 800K to the 1 million dollar mark and was probably abused by previous owners. We look after it and truth be told, very little has gone wrong, since we replaced pretty much everything. Haha

I've got a feeling perhaps Oce are refering to a different motherboard, over the standard computer motherboard in the Oce to run the printer's user interface. Yours could be different, but ours has an internal computer that runs the UI which connects to various other control mechanisms next door to the computer that runs the UI, stores your jobs and forwards commands on to the appropriate devices running the equipment.

- The hard drive is there for the OS, jobs, storing settings...ect. I highly doubt this has anything remotely to do with the issue as it does not directly interface with any mechanisms relating to the problem you are describing. If your hard drive was faulty, you most likely would not be able to start the printer at all.
- The motherboard is an integral part of the operation of the computer, but as far as I know...Nothing to do with the part that does the printing.
- If the processor was faulty, you would definitely know about it, haha! If you're able to boot the OS and use the printer's UI, I'd say that was working just fine.

What I'm thinking is, there is a problem communicating between the computer and the printer's basic control interface which is causing the problem. It could well be as simple as a cable, but your garbled noise that you see when printing suggests a far worse scenario. It could be one of the control mechanisms needs replacing or it's firmware re-flashed. In other words, the computer and the cable connecting to the device that runs the printer is fine, but the device itself is faulty, which is why you've had no luck in fixing your problem.

I'm not sure if one firmware package controls all mechanisms for say the lamps, the heads, gantry motion...ect. Or if the computer software interfaces with many different devices with different firmware packages that would need to be re-flashed separately by Oce or your service company.

I hope all of that makes sense, I'm in a bit of a rush! :)

DougWestwood

wow

Whoa, that looks bad.

Wish I could say it looks like a cable, not a motherboard, but
cable would cut off ALL communication, whereas this is a
crappy communication. Looks like a motherboard to me.
Dang. Sorry.

FYI, when dude is there changing the motherboard, let him know that
"your friend in the business" (me) had a tech come in and FRY the mother board,
previously working perfectly. I think he crossed a wire or shorted something while working.
Anyway, it was working FINE before ..... We ended up having to pay HALF of the damage.
Bunch of BS, if you ask me. $2500 worth of BS. Make sure your tech has an electrical ground.
I tihnk they are supposed to wear some kind of bracelet when working.

Good Luck! Please post results.
-Doug
Vancouver

DravidDavid

Whoa, that looks bad.

Wish I could say it looks like a cable, not a motherboard, but
cable would cut off ALL communication, whereas this is a
crappy communication. Looks like a motherboard to me.
Dang. Sorry.

FYI, when dude is there changing the motherboard, let him know that
"your friend in the business" (me) had a tech come in and FRY the mother board,
previously working perfectly. I think he crossed a wire or shorted something while working.
Anyway, it was working FINE before ..... We ended up having to pay HALF of the damage.
Bunch of BS, if you ask me. $2500 worth of BS. Make sure your tech has an electrical ground.
I tihnk they are supposed to wear some kind of bracelet when working.

Good Luck! Please post results.
-Doug
Vancouver

Perhaps when I say motherboard, I'm mixing it up with your interpretation of motherboard.

I was assuming Sheldon was referring to the computer's motherboard as he was taking about the hard drive and such. $2500 seems pretty steep for a regular motherboard, so I'm assuming, you're talking about the motherboard which controls printing, in which case, pretty much everything above is moot, haha.

DougWestwood

Thanks Dravid

Hi Drvaid,

Yeah, apparently there are TWO "motherboards" in the FUJI/OCE machines.
One is mounted inside the print head box, the other is down on the left end
of the machine, near the ink filters and other electronics.

Both are high expense. :-(
- Doug
Vancouver

Slimoff

Can you send a log file to me? I will take a look on it.