• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

25500 Magenta printing as Light Magenta?

C

ColoPrinthead

Has anyone run into this before? Trying to use up over $2k of ink before I get rid of this printer.

signman315

Signmaker
Yup had it happen a few times....kept running various diagnostics only to realize they filled the cartridge with the wrong ink. Only had it happen with HP inks, but had it happen multiple times on both latex and UV machines...call the place you bought the ink and they will ask a batch number or date on cartridge to determine if it's filled with the wrong ink. But I'd bet that's the case.

C

ColoPrinthead

Yup had it happen a few times....kept running various diagnostics only to realize they filled the cartridge with the wrong ink. Only had it happen with HP inks, but had it happen multiple times on both latex and UV machines...call the place you bought the ink and they will ask a batch number or date on cartridge to determine if it's filled with the wrong ink. But I'd bet that's the case.
:doh: ONLY HP . . .

FrankW

Sometimes, if ink remains very long in the cartridges without printing, it could happen that lots of the pigments settling. Has a similar effect.

C

ColoPrinthead

It was definitely LM ink in a M cartridge, I also found that the Y had settled and was not bringing the saturation, tossed in new inks and am running 2 machines again. Thanks for the help!

I-try

A Fellow Sign Guy!
This just happened to me in November. I purchased HP 792's from Grimco, had the wrong ink in the cartridge... turned out it was LM instead of Magenta for my L26500. Call HP Tech Support, they will send you new cartridges and new heads.... That's what they did for me. Only thing is that you'll have to pay $49 to talk to someone in tech support...