Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

25500 Magenta printing as Light Magenta?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by ColoPrinthead, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Tags:
  2. signman315

signman315 Signmaker

Oct 5, 2015
    Leonardsville, NY
    Yup had it happen a few times....kept running various diagnostics only to realize they filled the cartridge with the wrong ink. Only had it happen with HP inks, but had it happen multiple times on both latex and UV machines...call the place you bought the ink and they will ask a batch number or date on cartridge to determine if it's filled with the wrong ink. But I'd bet that's the case.

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  3. :doh: ONLY HP . . .

4. FrankW

FrankW Very Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Germany
    Sometimes, if ink remains very long in the cartridges without printing, it could happen that lots of the pigments settling. Has a similar effect.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. It was definitely LM ink in a M cartridge, I also found that the Y had settled and was not bringing the saturation, tossed in new inks and am running 2 machines again. Thanks for the help!

• Like Like x 1
  6. I-try

I-try A Fellow Sign Guy!

Jan 30, 2018
    Des moines
    This just happened to me in November. I purchased HP 792's from Grimco, had the wrong ink in the cartridge... turned out it was LM instead of Magenta for my L26500. Call HP Tech Support, they will send you new cartridges and new heads.... That's what they did for me. Only thing is that you'll have to pay $49 to talk to someone in tech support...