• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions 25K Budget what printer??

Johnny Best

Here's some advice, put that $20k into an Annuity and get a job as a postman. You will then get a retirement check at 65 and cash in the Annuity and buy that Bass boat you've had your eye on all those years. Your kids will enjoy it since they are healthy from not being around all that pvc outgassing they were not exposed to over all those years.

Chase

New Printers for Christmas!
Here's some advice, put that $20k into an Annuity and get a job as a postman. You will then get a retirement check at 65 and cash in the Annuity and buy that Bass boat you've had your eye on all those years. Your kids will enjoy it since they are healthy from not being around all that pvc outgassing they were not exposed to over all those years.

No offense to postal workers but I want to make a difference and create something with my life. Not just deliver bad news all the time.

Any input on the topic? No kids in the print shop btw kids near installed products.

Johnny Best

So after you get your printer, you will come back to ask how to create something with your life.
There is no Sage on here to give you a magical answer to all your questions.
"Any input", yea, go with new technology and get a latex and an annuity.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You've been all over the place and haven't really shown any direction, yet. Are you more confused now, then when you first started or do you not really have any inkling what to do ??

With your tiny budget and grand marketing plan, I don't really understand why you're making this so difficult on yourself ??

If you sell 1,000 to 3,000 square feet a week, you're gonna be making above the cost of production, investment and labor in the neighborhood of $8,000 to $15,000 a week. Why are you nickel and diming this to death ??

Do you have the market already in place or are you just anticipating ?? If you're just putting a game plan together, you are definitely choking yourself.

Chase

You've been all over the place and haven't really shown any direction, yet. Are you more confused now, then when you first started or do you not really have any inkling what to do ??

With your tiny budget and grand marketing plan, I don't really understand why you're making this so difficult on yourself ??

If you sell 1,000 to 3,000 square feet a week, you're gonna be making above the cost of production, investment and labor in the neighborhood of $8,000 to $15,000 a week. Why are you nickel and diming this to death ??

Do you have the market already in place or are you just anticipating ?? If you're just putting a game plan together, you are definitely choking yourself.

No I analyze all angles like anyone wanting to make an intelligent decision would do.

I'm Going with Latex!!

ready to pull the trigger man!! :D I'm excited you guys Thank You! you have all been a great help!!

now just narrowing down material decisions type 2 and PVC free are looking good for my clients.

Any PVC free suggestions??

Christian @ 2CT Media

If you go latex, the HP PVC Free is great. Another good option is the new Avery 2600 series smooth and textured films. The 2611 smooth film works great with their 6060 antigrafitti laminate... It is super easy to clean anything off the surface.

Last edited:

ikarasu

These are non laminated decals printed off the HP Latex

Do you know what material is being used? Thats a pretty strong jet... I of course haven't tried to pressure wash a sticker off, but I get the feeling all the products we use here (180 mainly, oracal for high tac) would peel right off if squirted with that force.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Do you know what material is being used? Thats a pretty strong jet... I of course haven't tried to pressure wash a sticker off, but I get the feeling all the products we use here (180 mainly, oracal for high tac) would peel right off if squirted with that force.

Well try my vinyl material and let me know how it holds up for you.

ikarasu

Well try my vinyl material and let me know how it holds up for you.

Haha, the company I work for is very picky when it comes to Materials... 99% of our use is 3M. Avery for the cheaper jobs... And then oracal for high tac real estate signs. I've tried to get some samples of other materials that look awesome (Some of yours included!) And I was told what we have works, so why risk something new... ;p

I will be ordering some of your materials for myself though. How are your latex brands with curling? I bought a roll of "GB" vinyl, cheapest stuff I found and says it works with latex... Which I guess it kind of does, but it curls like nothing in my Latex printer at home. Not sure if it's the nature of latex, or just the cheap material (I only bought it for playing around with my printer, I use eco-solv at work, so figured thered be a learning curve and bought the cheap crap to play with). Going to try some 180 on it this week, as I think it's the vinyl causing problems.

I still have your price list, and seattle is only a few hour drive... I'll be heading there next month, so I'll probably make an order around then!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Haha, the company I work for is very picky when it comes to Materials... 99% of our use is 3M. Avery for the cheaper jobs... And then oracal for high tac real estate signs. I've tried to get some samples of other materials that look awesome (Some of yours included!) And I was told what we have works, so why risk something new... ;p

I will be ordering some of your materials for myself though. How are your latex brands with curling? I bought a roll of "GB" vinyl, cheapest stuff I found and says it works with latex... Which I guess it kind of does, but it curls like nothing in my Latex printer at home. Not sure if it's the nature of latex, or just the cheap material (I only bought it for playing around with my printer, I use eco-solv at work, so figured thered be a learning curve and bought the cheap crap to play with). Going to try some 180 on it this week, as I think it's the vinyl causing problems.

I still have your price list, and seattle is only a few hour drive... I'll be heading there next month, so I'll probably make an order around then!

I totally understand and I wouldn't expect you to switch from your 3M materials. Everything I do is really specific to the Latex so my materials should do really well. The 180 should be a great product for you also.

Chase

This looks pretty cool it's stuck good. One product I'm looking for with latex in mind is a good sticky matte vinyl for signboard mdo. But also has air release so it's easier to apply.

ikarasu

If it doesn't have to be dirt cheap look in to Avery 2126HTEZ
Looks good. We generally only use hi-tac on plywood.. We just made the switch (Today actually) From Oracals hi-tac to Mactacs... it's a bit cheaper and the glue seems a bit stronger.

Garbage/rain pales (Don't ask...) We just got some 3M Cast hi-tac in. I'll add the avery to my list of samples I'm making the boss bring in for me