• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

26 foot box truck prices/help end a battle

I had a customer walk in today with a 26' box truck. He wants the back and 2 sides wrapped with his customer supplied art work. So Im printing, cleaning and installing. It is a truck with rivots every 12-16 inches. And the back is a roll up door so it has slats to be cut.

My question is what do I charge?

I have not been the pricing guy for long but I have worked in sign/graphics shops for over 19 years. And Im in a discussion about industry standards on prices with management here.

I would rather not take the job if it will lable us as a low baller.

SignManiac

You should be somewhere in the neighborhood of $10-$12 "minimum" printed and installed if you want to make a decent buck, but..... there are schmucks out there doing them for less. It all depends on your companies reputation and if this is a former customer who might not be so bent on price alone. A lot of variables go into pricing. The one thing you don't want to do is lose money on the job no matter what.

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
calculate amount of material and laminate and ink used. calculate how much time it takes to squeege all those rivets. dont' forget hourly shop expenses.
design charges? clean and prep charges?
take that ball of fun and add your profit!

good luck.
Mosher

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You're probably not going to get much help, beings that you started this in an open regular category. Try closing this out and at least try the sales category and possibly then more people will help you. Also, most people want to know what you and your company's thoughts are before they start throwing out stuff. What we get in our shop or what someone gets in their shop halfway across the country..... things are different for any number of reasons, hence the need to do this behind closed doors where lurkers and end-users aren't viewing all the time.

What you need to get to survive is completely up to your bosses and owners. What we get or anyone else.... well, a backyard hack might be good and do a nice job and get peanuts compared to what your company needs to keep the doors open.

fresh

I had someone ask me to quote a 24' Box truck a few days ago... He said someone quoted him $1500 for a FULL WRAP. He even thought that was way too low, which is why he wanted another price.

FYI, I was much higher, and it was for a very partial wrap / cut vinyl combo pack.

Thanks for the thoughts.

**That was my bad posting in the wrong section. I was in the Sales,marketing... but then got side tracked reading posts and forgot to go back to sale,marketing...