• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

27" Samsung GREAT PRICE!!!!

FatCat

Merry Xmas to me...Merry Xmas to me....lol.

Thanks for the link, I'd been looking for a new monitor!

:thankyou:

OldPaint

gee whats this for then?
Inputs/Outputs
HDMI
2 ports
ColorStream Component Video (Y/Pb/Pr)
1 port
PC Input (15-pin D-sub)<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
heres a pic of the back..............

Attachments

• T24-2630-call12-jrb.jpg
    T24-2630-call12-jrb.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 136

WildWestDesigns

gee whats this for then?
Inputs/Outputs
HDMI
2 ports
1 port

If your computer has DVI ports, you want to try to use DVI hookups without having to use something like a VGA to DVI adaptor. Some things do get lost in translation. May not be a big lose, just depends on what you are doing with that monitor at the time.

BALLPARK

I just use a 42" LCD TV 1080P... I have not used a monitor in 4 or 5 years for my shop. When I work on someones computer that uses a monitor, I just think...wow that is small. lol...

LCD TV's are great, but they will be taking sooooooooooooo many print jobs away from us here on out. Why print static, when you can update your retail locations in seconds using digital. :(

Pat Whatley

LCD TV's are great, but they will be taking sooooooooooooo many print jobs away from us here on out. Why print static, when you can update your retail locations in seconds using digital. :(

My convention work is already taking a hit. Use to be the every event at a convention had to have a sign for it, some of our larger conventions would have 100 24x36 signs for them. Now the convention centers have LCD monitors mounted outside each conference room that show power point files.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
gee whats this for then?
Inputs/Outputs
HDMI
2 ports
1 port

You are correct OP. The site did not list a vga port in the description so I guess it required investigation to find the rear view.

I will still say though that the samsung is a better monitor for resolution and refresh rate. Plus that Toshiba does not have a dvi port

OldPaint

my wife won a 19" INSIGNA TV, at where she works christmas party. she brought it home and said i got a lcd TV..... i told her NOOOOO...you just got an LCD MONITOR for your computer. she said it wont do that. well...........she love it. and i had to run a TV cable in there, so now if she has some "chick thing" she wants to watch..........she can do that. i hooked it up to my computer and really didnt like THE HIGHER RESOLUTION then my ENVISION 19" lcd. iam gona get a 22-26" TV for mine, i already have the TV cable in here, as i had a TV card in the old computer.

WildWestDesigns

my wife won a 19" INSIGNA TV, at where she works christmas party. she brought it home and said i got a lcd TV..... i told her NOOOOO...you just got an LCD MONITOR for your computer. she said it wont do that. well...........she love it. and i had to run a TV cable in there, so now if she has some "chick thing" she wants to watch..........she can do that. i hooked it up to my computer and really didnt like THE HIGHER RESOLUTION then my ENVISION 19" lcd. iam gona get a 22-26" TV for mine, i already have the TV cable in here, as i had a TV card in the old computer.

My second monitor is an Insignia 26" LCD. I use it for the TV channels I get on my computer(thru coax cable) and I'll use it for my MP3 player controls on the computer. I won't use it for design work though. Colors and viewing is a "little off" compared to my Hannspree monitor.

Now I could tweak it more then likely to work a little better, but in my case there isn't much point as I have the Hannspree and the Cintiq for the 3rd monitor to hook up to the computer coming, so I'll just keep it as my entertainment monitor.

Based on my what I'm viewing, it just seems a little off to be using as a design monitor. It could be me though as well. I am a strange duck when it comes to some things.

signswi

Cheap LCDs, especially those intended for TV usage, are usually only 6-bit, have really blown out contrast, and are no where near 100% aRGB coverage (most don't even have full sRGB coverage!). Additionally 1080P isn't a ton of resolution for a screen size above 17". Cheapest LCD monitor that has a pretty good gamut is the Dell U2410.

Additionally, anyone doing any sort of design work should be hardware calibrating their monitor--a Spyder isn't very expensive.

WildWestDesigns

Additionally, anyone doing any sort of design work should be hardware calibrating their monitor--a Spyder isn't very expensive.

My mom used a spyder to calibrate her cintiq as she does a lot of digital painting in Photoshop. I have known a few though where it either didn't work so well for them or they may not have done the calibration correctly(but I'm not going to mention that to them).