• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2mil matte cast printable

danno

OK, I did a web search, a signs101 search and have quizzed many manufactures over the past few years. Is there anybody out there that makes a 2mil, matte surface, printable, cast vinyl with a type of air release designed for vehicle wrapping? :help

danno

I guess an explanation is in order for the reason for asking for a matte surface print film. The depth of colour is better, the film should be more consistent and I should be able to print faster.

boxerbay

You are trying to apply fine art matte paper theory to a solvent vinyl print job. in Aqueous print on matte you can drop more ink down on it and create a richer deeper print. Solvent you cannot do that because the vinyl does not absorb ink like the AQ matte paper does.

Actually with solvent prints you get a better color on gloss vinyl.

you changed your original post which said clear cast matte printable with air egress.

3M LX480cv3 and SV480cv3 are cast luster finish.

3M ij35C-20 is matte and has air egress but it is calendared.

3MIJ160C-10 is matte and has air egress but calendared.