• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions 2mm 4'x8' Sheets of translucent boards

Andrew Hodgson

Hi, I am looking for a rigid board that is around 2mm thick, 4' W x 8' H sheet, translucent board.

Currently, I am printing graphics on Sihl 3747 Backlit Film and taping it to .020 PETG that has 3mm Milk Plexi behind it that goes into a 1/8" channel and then is backlit (see attached example of the tower and close-up of materials). Instead of printing onto a film, I want to directly print onto a rigid board. I would prefer something that is white-translucent so I do not need to use white ink.

I have a catalog from Orbus, and they have a Translucent PVC that is 22mil thickness, I am wondering where they get that from.

Attachments

• ISI-Ice-Arena-2014-Curved-Lighted-Tower-Web.jpg
    ISI-Ice-Arena-2014-Curved-Lighted-Tower-Web.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 174
  • Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 2.54.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 2.54.14 PM.png
    169.8 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
They make a rigid header board which is about .030 or so , but it has a slight texture to prevent glaring. It's good for long gradual bends like you pictured.

Andrew Hodgson

They make a rigid header board which is about .030 or so, but it has a slight texture to prevent glaring. It's good for long gradual bends like you pictured.

OK, is there a specific name for this product? I would like to check it out. That is thinner than I would like but it may be a good option.

unclebun

You can buy .118" thick (which is 3mm) sheets of white 7328 Acrylite from Grimco and probably any other sign supplier Print directly on that and then just use a sheet of your clear PETG as a "vandal cover". You'd be replacing the acrylic every time that way. Probably more expensive than what you are doing now.