• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2nd Caldera is RIP

belfring

Lost another caldera rip today, second time this has had in a 2 year span.
Is this a common issues with caldera rips?
has any users have this experience with they're caladera?
working with 7 year old onyx rip with no down time.

Border

I lost a rip too and had to change my pants... It was one of those G&L farts (Gambled & Lost).

belfring

lost, crash, dead, does not work any more, power button failure
maybe with your color burst shine box this is not the case

mopar691

I cant, I am still looking at your dog avatar with that look on his face and imagining him running out your back door with a CAT5 cable coming out of his bum into traffic.

ForgeInc

We are currently running 4 Caldera RIP's and never have had this issue. Hopefully you had a current backup. It sounds like a hardware issue.

nate

lost, crash, dead, does not work any more, power button failure
maybe with your color burst shine box this is not the case

Why not just load it on another? How does the power button not working relate to Caldera?

usernet.calder.com to download another ISO

belfring

we were set up as a master & slave system, the media patches were backed up so the slave became the master in about 10 minutes time.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Sounds like the computer went belly up. We have had data lost as well on caldera...but its backed up in 2 locations as well. The biggest issue if the server on the network freezes and we have a tab with multiple images in there, we typically loose them. Thats been the worst of it for us.

nate

Sounds like the computer went belly up. We have had data lost as well on caldera...but its backed up in 2 locations as well. The biggest issue if the server on the network freezes and we have a tab with multiple images in there, we typically loose them. Thats been the worst of it for us.

You don't have it do a local copy? You do that and your headache will go away.