• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2nd surface window graphics

MJLVan

Hi Everyone,

Looking for a materials solution for a client. Digitally printed solvent or UV.
2nd surface window decals, double-sided graphics, 100% blockout in between, and has to be long-term ( 5-7 years ).
Full coverage of the windows is also a possibility, 48" x 60" each pane or so.
Ideas ?

Mal

Desert_Signs

I think 100% blockout is going to be difficult to achieve with vinyl. I'm in to find out if anyone has suggestions as I've had similar requests.

Chasez

We have done a few of these, best thing we have found is to print on optically clear (reverse) then print on block out material (if you can - if not then print on optically clear again) and laminate them together. We use 3M IJ8150 and KPMF white/white block out. I'm sure any optically clear material would work (3M is fairly expensive) and the KPMF is dirt cheap but works.

Chaz

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
You can print on any double sided blockout material you want then just apply a double sided window mount on top and your done.